can anyone please tell me how to install hotmail on my droid?
What happens when you just go through the steps as you would with POP3 mail?
They say that I need to pay for an upgraded account with my MSN account (essentially the same thing) in order for it to work on my droid, but I went through the steps anyway and I receive my mail without a problem.
Welcome to the forum, xmrpoker! We're glad that you've decided to join us! This is how I set my Hotmail account up, so try this:
EMAIL SETUP for POP3 ACCOUNTS: Hotmail POP3 (This also works for WINDOWS LIVE email setup) (non-root solution)
1. From the home screen, pull up the applications tab (at the bottom of the screen)
2. Touch Mail
3. Touch Manual Setup at the bottom left corner
4. In the incoming server settings, enter the details as follows:
Username: XXXX@hotmail.com (enter your complete hotmail address)
Password: enter your hotmail password
POP3 server: pop3.live.com
Security type: SSL
5. Touch Next to continue to SMTP Server Settings and enter the details as follows:
SMTP server: smtp.live.com
Security type: TLS (and check mark “Require sign-in”)
Username: XXXX@hotmail.com (enter your complete hotmail address again)
Password: enter your hotmail password again
6. Touch Next
7. Fill out your personal information (Name etc.)
(If you are having problems be sure that WiFi is turned OFF then try again)