HELLO ALL! I am a new owner of the Droid and loving it so far, but have some questions, is this a place I can ask some of those to get some guidance
thanks! I love this phone, its so great. I am not totally computer savvy, so I am still getting use to all the great features. So, with that said, sorry if these are dumb questions. Here are a couple
1. I downloaded a handcent (spelling?) app that is cool and allows me to customize my text bubbles and so on, but now when I get a text, I have to go into the handcent version of the text and the old regular version of the text message for my phone to show that I have read the text. That is super annoying, and I know there has to be a way around this. Any suggestions?
2. How do you text to more than one person? Also, can you forward text messages? I don't see that option.
THANKS!!!!!! So much for your time!
I don't have Handcent because I don't text all that much, but the answer to that one is this. In the stock messaging app, open settings and uncheck notifications and maybe auto-retrieve. (Not too sure about that one.)
(Have you tried a search - above - for Handcent?) I think the settings in Handcent allow for texting more than one person.
Here's how you forward: (Keep in mind that the long press feature solves lits of things in the Android OS.)
How to forward a text message:
1. From the home screen, touch messaging.
2. Open the thread (contacts name) that you want to forward.
3. Press and hold the message.
4. Select ‘Forward’ from the list of options that will appear.
Welcome to the Forums and congrats on your new Droid.
Here are the answers to your questions:
1. Go to the stock messaging app and hit the menu key (the key with 4 lines) and then hit Settings. Go to notifications and turn off notifications. This will stop you from getting notifications from the stock text messaging app and you will only get them from Handcent.
2. To text more than one person in Handcent (cant do it on stock messaging app)click the paper with the pen on the top left corner when you open Hancent. Then hit the plus sign in the top right corner and select the contacts you would like to send a message to. Hit the back button and you are ready to go.
As far as text message forwarding all you have to do is long press on the message you want to forward and click forward and select the contacts to forward it to.
Hope this helps you out and again welcome to the forums. Anything else you need help with please let me know.