OK - I have more questions before I buy my Droid.
Thanks again to all who gave me encouragement and advice in my first post. I have a couple more questions before I buy my Droid.
1) I know what an app is in Droidspeak. What's a widget?
2) I use comcast for my email. Do I need to use/switch to Gmail and what is Gmail anyway?
3) What are some good apps for newbies?
4) With my ipod, I can rip CDs to my computer and then download them to my ipod. Can I do something similar with the Droid. (I listen to stuff you probably can't download.)
5) I know an iphone user who has an app that keeps track of her knitting needles. This is serious stuff for a knitter. Is there a Droid app for that?
6) Say I have an address in my contacts list. Is it easy to tell Google maps to get that address, or alternatively, tell contacts to send that address to Google maps.
I figure that's enough to get started.