DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: New Phone

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

New Phone

Hey guys,

So I just got my new motorola droid. I was debating wether to get the droid or an iphone. I'm glad I went with the Droid because att service sucks....

So I've done a couple stuff to the phone, like better head set volume and how to save my battery life.

Now im interested in having my phone rooted, im going to do some searching to find the best tutorial on how to root the droid.....

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by spider_ib View Post
    Hey guys,

So I just got my new motorola droid. I was debating wether to get the droid or an iphone. I'm glad I went with the Droid because att service sucks....

So I've done a couple stuff to the phone, like better head set volume and how to save my battery life.

Now im interested in having my phone rooted, im going to do some searching to find the best tutorial on how to root the droid.....
    First, welcome to the neighborhood, spider_ib! Glad to have you here! You'll find this forum to be full of very friendly, helpful folks. I must warn you, however, that both the Droid and this forum are very addictive, as you'll soon learn.... So come on in and make yourself at home! If you get stuck, just post a question and someone will be along to help you out.

Before rooting, you need to be sure that you are still on software version 2.0.1. Go to Menu > Settings > scroll down to About phone and see what the Firmware version says. You can only root if it states you are 2.0.1 and not 2.1. I know the dev's are already working on a way to root 2.1, but I don't think they're there quite yet. In the meantime, wander over to the hacking section and take a look around. Enjoy!

4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    So I guess I won't be rooting my phone for the time being. I have fw 2.1, my phone must of updated when I activated at verizon.

Links