DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: New Member to the Forum

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID

Talking New Member to the Forum

I'm new to the Motorola DROID. Just bought it as an upgrade on my Verizon phone plan. (My first smart phone . . . couldn't go to iPhone; AT&T coverage is not good in my area.) I'm still learning what DROID can and cannot do. I'm an intermediate skilled tech user-- engineering and military background but old enough to be hard to teach 'new tricks".
    So far I love the DROID. Didn't especially like the browser so got the Dolphin app.
    Don't like the fact that I can't voice dial in my car and wish that I could delete multiple emails like you can with the control or shift keys on windows mail programs.
    I gather these are being worked on for upgrades and that there are workarounds now.
    The forum looks terrific . . . lots of people more savy than I am to learn from.

wrkeen

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by wrkeen View Post
    I'm new to the Motorola DROID. Just bought it as an upgrade on my Verizon phone plan. (My first smart phone . . . couldn't go to iPhone; AT&T coverage is not good in my area.) I'm still learning what DROID can and cannot do. I'm an intermediate skilled tech user-- engineering and military background but old enough to be hard to teach 'new tricks".
    So far I love the DROID. Didn't especially like the browser so got the Dolphin app.
    Don't like the fact that I can't voice dial in my car and wish that I could delete multiple emails like you can with the control or shift keys on windows mail programs.
    I gather these are being worked on for upgrades and that there are workarounds now.
    The forum looks terrific . . . lots of people more savy than I am to learn from.

wrkeen
    Welcome, wrkeen! Glad to have you with us! Make yourself at home and jump right in! Everyone is here to help and learn! Reading the threads on the forum will only increase how much you enjoy that new Droid! The possibilities for customization are endless!

There's a native app (comes stock on the phone) called Voice Dialer. Open it up and just say who and where you want to call. "Call John Smith at home". It's pretty accurate for me. If you're talking about Bluetooth voice dialing, that doesn't work quite yet.

Check out K-9 Mail (free in the Market). I believe that lets you delete multiple emails if I remember correctly.

Hope you enjoy your time here!

4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Glad to have you! There's plenty to learn here for ANY skill level, so you'll fit in for sure!
    Ran into a little snag? Have a question? Think your phone is only good to hold down rogue papers in a wind storm now? Visit the Rescue Squad!

Links