DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Newbie

  1. Junior Droid
    Big Jon's Avatar
    Member #
    54664
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    motorola droid
    #1

    Thumbs up Newbie

    Hello all,

    Just got the Moto Droid love the phone and having a few complications compared to work phone treo.

    Bluetooth-can't seem to send contacts via BT.
    Getting rid of some apps on second screen.

    I am looking to learn lots here.
    Last edited by Big Jon; 04-03-2010 at 05:24 PM. Reason: spelling
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #2
    Hi and welcome to the forum. To the best of my knowledge there is no way to transfer contacts via Bluetooth.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Droid Ninja
    AnneDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    26707
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,405
    Phone
    DROID
    #3
    Welcome, Big Jon! You'll find this to be a very friendly place full of great people and information! Hope you enjoy your time here! There was a new guy just yesterday (I think) by the screen name of BiggJonn - do you have a twin? - or a clone?

  5. Rescue Squad
    Jonny Kansas's Avatar
    Member #
    29890
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula
    Posts
    2,684
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    #4
    Big Jon! Big Bad Jon! Sorry, I get that a lot...haha!

    Welcome aboard!

    I have to agree with hookbill on the bluetooth issue unfortunately. However, you CAN log in to your gmail account and create an export of your contacts from your Droid if you have sync enabled in Accounts/sync (it's enabled by default). I believe you can also import contacts there as well, but if nothing else, it's easier to input contacts in the computer on your gmail account if you have a long list to add.

    Hope that helps a little!
    Ran into a little snag? Have a question? Think your phone is only good to hold down rogue papers in a wind storm now? Visit the Rescue Squad!
  6. Junior Droid
    Big Jon's Avatar
    Member #
    54664
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    motorola droid
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneDroid View Post
    Welcome, Big Jon! You'll find this to be a very friendly place full of great people and information! Hope you enjoy your time here! There was a new guy just yesterday (I think) by the screen name of BiggJonn - do you have a twin? - or a clone?

    Not that I know of
  7. Junior Droid
    Big Jon's Avatar
    Member #
    54664
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    motorola droid
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Kansas View Post
    Big Jon! Big Bad Jon! Sorry, I get that a lot...haha!

    Welcome aboard!

    I have to agree with hookbill on the bluetooth issue unfortunately. However, you CAN log in to your gmail account and create an export of your contacts from your Droid if you have sync enabled in Accounts/sync (it's enabled by default). I believe you can also import contacts there as well, but if nothing else, it's easier to input contacts in the computer on your gmail account if you have a long list to add.

    Hope that helps a little!
    6'7" 280 lbs...so do I
  8. Junior Droid
    Big Jon's Avatar
    Member #
    54664
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    motorola droid
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Kansas View Post
    Big Jon! Big Bad Jon! Sorry, I get that a lot...haha!

    Welcome aboard!

    I have to agree with hookbill on the bluetooth issue unfortunately. However, you CAN log in to your gmail account and create an export of your contacts from your Droid if you have sync enabled in Accounts/sync (it's enabled by default). I believe you can also import contacts there as well, but if nothing else, it's easier to input contacts in the computer on your gmail account if you have a long list to add.

    Hope that helps a little!
    6'7" 280 lbs...so do I
    yep got em sync'd no problem there just trying to see if i was missing something, able to do with other phones
  9. Super Moderator/RS
    mwhartman's Avatar
    Member #
    27806
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    10,730
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jon View Post
    Hello all,

    Just got the Moto Droid love the phone and having a few complications compared to work phone treo.

    Bluetooth-can't seem to send contacts via BT.
    Getting rid of some apps on second screen.

    I am looking to learn lots here.

    Welcome! What apps are you unable to remove on the second screen. Typically, just long press until you fill the vibration then drag the apps icon to the trash can in the middle of your screen.

    Mike
  10. Junior Droid
    Big Jon's Avatar
    Member #
    54664
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    motorola droid
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jon View Post
    Hello all,

    Just got the Moto Droid love the phone and having a few complications compared to work phone treo.

    Bluetooth-can't seem to send contacts via BT.
    Getting rid of some apps on second screen.

    I am looking to learn lots here.

    Welcome! What apps are you unable to remove on the second screen. Typically, just long press until you fill the vibration then drag the apps icon to the trash can in the middle of your screen.

    Mike
    If I press to long it auto throws icon (goggle goggles) to main page, leaving original on second after I trash it on main
  11. Super Moderator/RS
    mwhartman's Avatar
    Member #
    27806
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    10,730
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    #10
    Not experienced that issue. As soon as you feel the vibration begin dragging the icon to the trash can. Are you having the same issue with other apps or just google goggles?

    Mike
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Newbie
    By taz7290ar in forum Bugless
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-21-2010, 10:08 AM
  2. Newbie
    By Bonnie1066 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-13-2010, 12:33 PM
  3. Newbie
    By armeddroid in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 12:38 PM
  4. Hi! Newbie. :)
    By Msbrown78 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 11:09 AM
  5. newbie
    By AbsolutSweetie in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Find us on Google+