DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got a Droid today

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Got a Droid today

Hello, first post and a new Droid owner....switched from a enV Touch. This is a cool phone, can't wait to find a few of the classic games for it and get some good apps running. While it is much more powerful than the Touch, one thing that frustrates me is that it won't automatically resize a pic to the screen for use as wallpaper. I have a logo that I spent many hours on, and I can't seem to resize it to fit. Its difficult for me to believe that such a powerful device cannot do something so simple that even a Touch can do it. (I wanted to say caveman ) The other thing (and I don't see this from my end) is that people I talk to have told me it sounds as though I'm a long ways away, or in a tunnel or something. Anyway, enough whining...The resolution is fantastic, and it's fast! It links up with my pc for file transfers with no issues at all so far. Overall I think this is going to be a winner once I get used to it.

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    What? Do people actually talk on phones? I can't help you on the resizing issues, and can only tell you to make sure you're close enough to the phone. If you have continued complaints about being so far away, then you might want to take it in for an exchange.

Welcome to DF and to the world of Droid.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    congrats on getting the BEST phone out!
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Welcome to your newest obsession, DaveH! Glad you've decided to join us here on the forum!

Now, how have you tried to resize the logo? First, you need to mount the Droid and save the logo into the gallery. Which means simply to explore the Droid and put the image in the DCIM > Camera folder. Then remove the Droid and open up the Gallery. (If the picture doesn't show up, try a reboot - can't remember if I had to do that or not as it's been quite a while.) Anyway, when you open the gallery and find the picture, touch it, then touch the Menu soft key and 'Set as' then choose wallpaper. A box shows up on the picture and you can manipulate the size to grab the whole image and then hit 'Save'. Try that and see if it works any better for you.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Heh, I already have issues getting things done...this could potentially create a degree of static at home, if you know what I mean. Thanks for the welcome!

I was unable to get the box to resize enough to make the pic useable. It'll play with it some more.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    Heh, I already have issues getting things done...this could potentially create a degree of static at home, if you know what I mean. Thanks for the welcome!

I was unable to get the box to resize enough to make the pic useable. It'll play with it some more.
    Congrats on your new Droid and welcome to the forums. How big is the original image? What you need to do is resize it to 960 x 854 on your computer then save the image to your Droid. This should be the correct size for it to work as a wallpaper.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Hey just curiouse did ur phone come with 2.1 already out of the box?
  9. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneDroid View Post
    Welcome to your newest obsession, DaveH! Glad you've decided to join us here on the forum!

Now, how have you tried to resize the logo? First, you need to mount the Droid and save the logo into the gallery. Which means simply to explore the Droid and put the image in the DCIM > Camera folder. Then remove the Droid and open up the Gallery. (If the picture doesn't show up, try a reboot - can't remember if I had to do that or not as it's been quite a while.) Anyway, when you open the gallery and find the picture, touch it, then touch the Menu soft key and 'Set as' then choose wallpaper. A box shows up on the picture and you can manipulate the size to grab the whole image and then hit 'Save'. Try that and see if it works any better for you.
    Welcome! Just thought I'd clarify...You don't HAVE to put the picture into any specific folder. You could create one called "Wallpapers" and the gallery would find it.
    Ran into a little snag? Have a question? Think your phone is only good to hold down rogue papers in a wind storm now? Visit the Rescue Squad!
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid!!
    Quote Originally Posted by peterjariel View Post
    Hey just curiouse did ur phone come with 2.1 already out of the box?
    i got mine on wednesday, and it seems as though it did..i never got an upgrade prompt, and when i looked it says i am runnin 2.1
  11. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    The resize feature allows you to stretch a photo. Open the photo and tap it will open a orange square around the photo. Place your finger at on on the corners and drag.

Mike
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links