DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Counting down the minutes

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Counting down the minutes

Sometime between now and 3:00pm (at least according to FedEx) I will be the new owner of a Droid. My Samsung Omnia has been acting up lately and I got an early upgrade notice in the mail from VZW a couple weeks ago. Finally decided to pull the switch yesterday and placed the order. Looking forward to the Droid... not looking forward to transitioning from WinMo. I was a Palm user for years and finally switched to WinMo 3-4 years ago. Built up a nice collection of software along the way, so I'm a little bummed to be switching to the new platform. (But that's the ONLY reason). Everything else the Droid seems to offer really looks great.

Glad to be here and looking forward to learning how to make my Droid work to it's fullest.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Iphone4 ; HTC Incredible
    Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to droidforums, don't worry I've never met anyone who was dissapointed after making the switch from winmo to android.
  4. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Congrats on being a Droid owner and a new member of this forum. Both are AWESOME!

Mike
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Hey there & gratz on your new Droid. I also switched over from my Samsung Omnia to the Motorola Droid & could not be more HAPPIER with it! The Omnia imo was by far for me anyway, one of the worst made phones ever put out by Samsung with all of the "low memory storage" issues & whatnot. Trust me when I say the Droid is definitely kick ass & that you won't regret it!
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by WVOz1970 View Post
    Sometime between now and 3:00pm (at least according to FedEx) I will be the new owner of a Droid. My Samsung Omnia has been acting up lately and I got an early upgrade notice in the mail from VZW a couple weeks ago. Finally decided to pull the switch yesterday and placed the order. Looking forward to the Droid... not looking forward to transitioning from WinMo. I was a Palm user for years and finally switched to WinMo 3-4 years ago. Built up a nice collection of software along the way, so I'm a little bummed to be switching to the new platform. (But that's the ONLY reason). Everything else the Droid seems to offer really looks great.

Glad to be here and looking forward to learning how to make my Droid work to it's fullest.

Did it get there yet? Welcome, WVOz1970! You'll find this to be a very friendly place full of great people and information! The possibilities are endless for customization. So read, read, and read some more. You'll be amazed at how much you can teach yourself by reading the threads here in the forum! Here's a good one about app recommendations.

Forget the top 5, list ALL of your apps

Hope you enjoy your time here and weren't planning to sleep much the next couple of days!

7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Thanks for the welcomes!

And yes, it finally arrived! What a great piece of machinery. It's definitely taking some time to figure out how everything works. The "Getting Started" manual was less than stellar in explaining how to do stuff. Is there some other manual? I assume it's online, but there was nothing in the box other than the getting started doc and the battery docs.

I'm liking it so far. Before, I was syncing to GMail and Calendar on my Omnia and could only get my main calendar. I love that I can now see the three ical subscriptions I also use.

I've got soooo much to learn. Thankfully, a couple of close friends have Droids and they are showing me the ropes.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by WVOz1970 View Post
    Thanks for the welcomes!

And yes, it finally arrived! What a great piece of machinery. It's definitely taking some time to figure out how everything works. The "Getting Started" manual was less than stellar in explaining how to do stuff. Is there some other manual? I assume it's online, but there was nothing in the box other than the getting started doc and the battery docs.

I'm liking it so far. Before, I was syncing to GMail and Calendar on my Omnia and could only get my main calendar. I love that I can now see the three ical subscriptions I also use.

I've got soooo much to learn. Thankfully, a couple of close friends have Droids and they are showing me the ropes.

Not that it's much better, but here's the full user guide from Motorola:

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/US-EN/Mobile%20Phones/DROID-by-Motorola/US-EN/Documents/Static-Files/DROID_UG_Verizon_68000202474a.pdf
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I had the Winmo i760 for a few years. I "thought" it was great and almost bought an omnia. That is until I started watching the Android phones. I am so happy I got away from Winmo. The UI is so outdated and it was so hard to get to programs, etc with that stupid menu system.
    Android is a whole different world and I don't regret it at all.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Welcome to the forums!

Links