DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: So it has come to this?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Smile So it has come to this?

Hi Everyone-

I love my new Motorola Droid and decided to join this community. I loved my old Blackberry Pearl, but alas, she did not like the hot tub and ditched me, so I had to get a new phone, and I made a great choice. So does anybody have any advice on issues getting video to my Droid using Handbreak? Specifically, getting the picture to take up as much of the screen as possible. Much thanks in advance!

R
  2. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Welcome! You have joined the best forum for information about the Droid. It is an awesome device.

I'm rooted and use Drocap2 to do screen shots so I an not able to advise re Handbrake.

Mike
  3. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Welcome aboard r81366....

In regards to using Handbrake. You may want to check out the FAQ section. There are some threads in there that address video converting etc etc

Good luck. Great to have you here
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Full screen all depends on the video's original size, mainly width. If it is like most newer movies, in order for it to fill the screen (height) you will end up cutting (cropping) off a small portion on each side of the movie.
    I thought this might be ok, but when I did Tokyo Drift I found my fav. part, the driving thru the garage of hot chicks scene, certain fav things were not viewable (the engine mechanic shot). After that I decided I'd much rather have the whole view and live with the black bars!
    There are a few posts here about cropping to fit.
    For me I use Handbrake, "Normal" profile, all I change is the encoder to "h.264 ffmpeg" and set bitrate to 5000. So far they all look awesome on both my droid and tv. (So I dont have to have a sep file for my device).
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Welcome to the neighborhood, r81366! Glad to have you here! You'll find this forum to be full of very friendly, helpful folks. I must warn you, however, that both the Droid and this forum are very addictive, as you'll soon learn.... So come on in and make yourself at home! If you get stuck, just post a question and someone will be along to help you out. Hope you enjoy that new toy of yours!

Links