DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help!!! Moto droid brikked!

1. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    I got you! Liberally just didthis last night!

Boot into recovery, go to install update from sd card, navigate to the option to search the sd card

navigate to the clockwork folder

Locate the cyanogen(bunch of stuff includin thr version number).zip and reinstall it. Nit a bad idea to wipe first.

This'll get you back into cyan, where you can re flash sprecovery and restore your nandroid backup.

Clockwork doesn't play well with anything but cyan...
    Ran into a little snag? Have a question? Think your phone is only good to hold down rogue papers in a wind storm now? Visit the Rescue Squad!
    Member #
    Phone
    Rooted Motorola Droid w/UD Rom
    Quote Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
    Just install an sbf file and your all good to go... there is no such thing as bricking it....
    Quote Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post

if your not sure how then use google as there are many threads out there on how to do it.

I cant do ANYTHING right now except wait for an answer to the Whole "Black Screen" situation.
    I GOT IT BAKKKK!!!!!
  3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Or, if you're familiar with adb push, you can re download the cyan install zip and adb push it to the root of the sd. Don't do snf. I'll get on my pc to help you out...
    Ran into a little snag? Have a question? Think your phone is only good to hold down rogue papers in a wind storm now? Visit the Rescue Squad!
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Kansas View Post
    Or, if you're familiar with adb push, you can re download the cyan install zip and adb push it to the root of the sd. Don't do snf. I'll get on my pc to help you out...

I dont belive I am familiar with adb. Can you give me some information and/or a link?
    I GOT IT BAKKKK!!!!!
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Thanks R1Lover and Jonny Kansas for your quick replies. I am sure either solution will aid in breathing life back into my droid. Have to go to work now so will have to try this when I get home, will let you know when <DROID>.
  6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    STOP!

Where are you at exactly? Can you get into clockwork?

I'm serious. I'll help you out. I JUST had this EXACT problem last night...It'll probably confuse you a bit, because we were working through it, but here's the thread I started....

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...om-manger.html

I'm here for you. Take a minute....Listen to me. I got your back.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    Yeah you can just reinstall the actual ROM from the sdcard from ClockworkMod.

And guys, you don't need to blame the recovery. This recovery is a very functional and reliable recovery. Actually works over multiple devices besides the Droid. As long as you follow directions you will be fine

8. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IxMissxN'xLovexMyxDroid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Kansas View Post

I dont belive I am familiar with adb. Can you give me some information and/or a link?
    Yes...Gonna take you installing some different drivers on your pc...

Here's a link to get setup to use it...

How To: Set Up ADB/USB Drivers for Android Devices | The Unlockr

Once you get to the point where you type adb devices and Command Prompt (cmd) shows the serial number that he explains in the video) be sure to scroll down for the directions on installing the drivers. You'll likely have to install them manually...and I'm not exactly sure if you can properly install them without your phone being on so you can enable usb debugging.

If you installed the cyan rom successfully from Rom Manager, the file you need is on your sd card, so you don't need to use adb. <---This will be the method I suggest, as it'll be easier all-around to guide you through it.

So, if you can get into clockwork and you successfully installed cyanogen and had it running fine, get into clockwork and let me know when you're there.
  9. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by natediddy1120 View Post
    Yeah you can just reinstall the actual ROM from the sdcard from ClockworkMod.

And guys, you don't need to blame the recovery. This recovery is a very functional and reliable recovery. Actually works over multiple devices besides the Droid. As long as you follow directions you will be fine
    I'm not blaming the recovery. It's nice, but I created a backup with rom manager of my current rom before installing cyanogen using rom manager and then used rom manager to try to restore to that backup that I created, and my phone froze up at the M logo, so there's obviously something not right somewhere in there.

I really liked it, but I heard from multiple people that it doesn't play well with other roms.

In any case, this is NOT the place to discuss Clockwork recovery. If you want to help walk these people through how to get their phones back where they want them, that's awesome.

If not, I'd be happy to start an entirely new thread after this is over and you can explain to me what SO MANY people have done wrong.

Not trying to be an a**, but seriously. If you're not here to help, this isn't the thread for you to be in.
    Member #
    Phone
    At black screen again...help?
    I GOT IT BAKKKK!!!!!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links