DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Soon to be former BB user :)

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by bamfsig45 View Post
    I was originally going to buy another BB (namely the Tour) a few months ago. But after realizing that RIM is using basically the same UI as the rest of their line up I cringed. The Icons, the lay out, the "textual" interface is boring to me. It was Great when I got my first BB but got boring quickly when I realized that BB's are limited. Im sure the 5.0 update will make them better than what I have used but I cant go back.

and I'll admit, I wan the "cool" factor in a phone and one that I can make mine and look the way I want, not the way the Manufacturing/Software Company wants. Im glad I wised up. Im a gadget freak and always will be. Anyone else gotta have the latest and greatest thing out?
    Me! I bought the iPod Touch 3g that just recently came out. As soon as I heard about the Droid, I put the Touch on ebay and preordered the Droid. I would have kept both, but the wifey only allows so many toy purchases within a months time.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Thunderbolt & Xoom
    Quote Originally Posted by JhankG View Post
    I was originally going to buy another BB (namely the Tour) a few months ago. But after realizing that RIM is using basically the same UI as the rest of their line up I cringed. The Icons, the lay out, the "textual" interface is boring to me. It was Great when I got my first BB but got boring quickly when I realized that BB's are limited. Im sure the 5.0 update will make them better than what I have used but I cant go back.

and I'll admit, I wan the "cool" factor in a phone and one that I can make mine and look the way I want, not the way the Manufacturing/Software Company wants. Im glad I wised up. Im a gadget freak and always will be. Anyone else gotta have the latest and greatest thing out?
    Me! I bought the iPod Touch 3g that just recently came out. As soon as I heard about the Droid, I put the Touch on ebay and preordered the Droid. I would have kept both, but the wifey only allows so many toy purchases within a months time.
    Im buying 4 iPod Touches this Xmas season for the kids. My house is wifi and they kids will love em (i'd probably love one too).....Im sure I will play with them while they're asleep hehe.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Nexus One
    Quote Originally Posted by SubyWill View Post
    hey guys, i currently have a blackberry curve 8330 running 5.0 os. i love it, but the droid is going to be my next phone

just wanted to introduce myself to this awesome community and i can't wait to get my hands on the DROID!

How do you like 5.0 on your 8330? I have been reading up on how to do it but read of a few concerns, such as appworld not working (which I don't care about because it sucks). I would love to upgrade my BB's OS before I lock it away for good this Friday. It's always good to have a backup phone, and I still love me some Blackberry.

i actually love it, it runs really nice, fast, and smooth and threaded texting is a plus! other than appworld not working and the browser being really slow i haven't had any problems with it
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Im buying 4 iPod Touches this Xmas season for the kids. My house is wifi and they kids will love em (i'd probably love one too).....Im sure I will play with them while they're asleep hehe.
    They will love them. I am amazed at the quality of the games (not all, but a lot) on the Touch. Browsing the internet was enjoyable and watching movies/listening to music is obviously great. With the iPod Touch's simple interface, I think it is perfect for kids as there's really not much of a learning curve.

hey guys, i currently have a blackberry curve 8330 running 5.0 os. i love it, but the droid is going to be my next phone

just wanted to introduce myself to this awesome community and i can't wait to get my hands on the DROID!

How do you like 5.0 on your 8330? I have been reading up on how to do it but read of a few concerns, such as appworld not working (which I don't care about because it sucks). I would love to upgrade my BB's OS before I lock it away for good this Friday. It's always good to have a backup phone, and I still love me some Blackberry.

i actually love it, it runs really nice, fast, and smooth and threaded texting is a plus! other than appworld not working and the browser being really slow i haven't had any problems with it

So the new (it's just a leak, right?) OS slows down the browser? I didn't know the browser could go any slower! I think being able to really browse the internet on the Droid is what I am looking forward to most coming from the BB Curve 8830.

Do you happen to have a link for the 5.0 OS?
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Nexus One

They will love them. I am amazed at the quality of the games (not all, but a lot) on the Touch. Browsing the internet was enjoyable and watching movies/listening to music is obviously great. With the iPod Touch's simple interface, I think it is perfect for kids as there's really not much of a learning curve.

So the new (it's just a leak, right?) OS slows down the browser? I didn't know the browser could go any slower! I think being able to really browse the internet on the Droid is what I am looking forward to most coming from the BB Curve 8830.

Do you happen to have a link for the 5.0 OS?

yeah the browsing kills me!

Leaked: OS 5.0.0.230 for Curve 8330! - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

there's a thread on it, it's a hit or miss some people are having problems. i haven't had any problems so i've been happy.

i can't wait till my droid though!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to announce that as of Friday, The Storm will have passed and Blackberry is officially dead to me!!
  7. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    Welcome to the Droid-Side !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to announce that as of Friday, The Storm will have passed and Blackberry is officially dead to me!!
    Where Ever you Go! There You Are !!
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    welcome to the machine! enjoy the forums!
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member
    to the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay
    Sometimes , It is what it is !
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I too am jumping the BB ship after just buying the Storm 3 months ago. I hope all the hype is worth it or my wife is filing for divorce.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links