DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: New Droid from LA - Need help w Gmail.

  1. Junior Droid
    1dp3655's Avatar
    Member #
    4533
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    Verizon Driod
    #1

    New Droid from LA - Need help w Gmail.

    Hi there, first timer in a forum so not sure how to use. Day 2 with Droid and its powerful and fast. But compared with BB curve, its a lot more steps to make a call, email and text. I love the sync with gmail.

    My biggest problem is when I open an email, it opens a "Archive, Delete and Older" buttons at bottom. Can I change this to "Reply, foward, Delete"? dont like scrolling all the way down a long email just to reply. Archive being so close to the back button, I have lost about 4 emails to archive and dont know how to get them back. Plus archive should be

    Any tips will help me so I can pay it forward. Thanks
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Administrator
    cereal killer's Avatar
    Member #
    88
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    11,043
    Liked
    1559 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    #2
    dude just flick scroll once it goes fast. I just flicked it once to get to the bottom of my longest email.

    you have to read the entire email anyway before replying : ) thats why it's at the bottom.
  4. Super Moderator
    New2u's Avatar
    Member #
    21
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tallahassee, Fl
    Posts
    3,628
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    #3
    Welcome to the forum.
    Resistance is futile.

    On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  5. Droid
    Naruto's Avatar
    Member #
    4308
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    31
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #4
    if you hit the Menu button (next to the home button on the bottom of your screen) you'll get 6 other options: Newer, Add Star, Mark Unread, Change Labels, Back to Inbox and More. The reply and forward buttons, as with all versions of gmail, is at the bottom of the message. I think that the reply and forward buttons are there because you'd probably need to read a message to reply to or foward it...
  6. Junior Droid
    1dp3655's Avatar
    Member #
    4533
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    Verizon Driod
    #5
    Thanks folks. yes, scroll to bottom is fast but sometimes its a long thread and was hoping for a quick solution. I guess it mirros gmail, which has been my gripe there too. Oh well, need to get used to it.
  7. Administrator
    JohnDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,271
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member
    #6
    Actually, I've done this on accident a couple of times so I'm not sure which gesture it is... but it seems a "double flick" brings you almost immediately to the bottom. I've done it on accident a couple times. Haven't tried to duplicate it, but I think there is a gesture to skip to bottom.
  8. Administrator
    cereal killer's Avatar
    Member #
    88
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    11,043
    Liked
    1559 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDroid View Post
    Actually, I've done this on accident a couple of times so I'm not sure which gesture it is... but it seems a "double flick" brings you almost immediately to the bottom. I've done it on accident a couple times. Haven't tried to duplicate it, but I think there is a gesture to skip to bottom.
    funny you say that...i've done that browsing these forums and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to replicate that.

    It is a double tap though. that i know. But where? thats the question
  9. Administrator
    JohnDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,271
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDroid View Post
    Actually, I've done this on accident a couple of times so I'm not sure which gesture it is... but it seems a "double flick" brings you almost immediately to the bottom. I've done it on accident a couple times. Haven't tried to duplicate it, but I think there is a gesture to skip to bottom.
    funny you say that...i've done that browsing these forums and I cannot for the life of me figure out how or why it does that.

    It is a double tap though. that i know. But where? thats the question
    Exactly, it's eluding me

    Maybe we need to ask Motorola. The damn manual is pretty sparse.
  10. Rescue Squad
    JimMariner's Avatar
    Member #
    82
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    2,567
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 1dp3655 View Post
    Hi there, first timer in a forum so not sure how to use. Day 2 with Droid and its powerful and fast. But compared with BB curve, its a lot more steps to make a call, email and text. I love the sync with gmail.

    My biggest problem is when I open an email, it opens a "Archive, Delete and Older" buttons at bottom. Can I change this to "Reply, foward, Delete"? dont like scrolling all the way down a long email just to reply. Archive being so close to the back button, I have lost about 4 emails to archive and dont know how to get them back. Plus archive should be

    Any tips will help me so I can pay it forward. Thanks
    !!! Welcome "1dp3655" to DroidForums !!!


    You use the Forum same as you would a best friend that you need advice from, You ask (POST), You Search the forum using the search function above, You Rave or Rant about how great or, (I doubt this) how bad your Droid is. Just like the rest of us. Above all Have fun while you are here too.
    Knowledge is Power, and this forum has the power to give you the knowledge to master your new DROID.
    Where Ever you Go! There You Are !!
  11. sir
    sir is offline
    Master Droid
    sir's Avatar
    Member #
    2083
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    256
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #10
    actually i've had a similar problem, but without a double-tap. i'f i'm in a list of items (contacts, for example) and i touch one of them, it just jumps to the bottom of the list. quite annoying. need to figure out what the deal is with that.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Push AOL E-mail on DROID through Gmail?
    By Latefordinner in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 03:22 PM
  2. Time to sync Gmail to Droid?
    By leahsfarm in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-15-2009, 07:38 PM
  3. Gmail + Droid
    By Salorian in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 04:57 PM
  4. Why can't you assign SPAM with gmail on droid
    By bodean in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 08:08 AM
  5. GMail SSL?
    By bodean in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 12:34 PM

Search tags for this page

htc incredible forward button gmail

,

wgmail

,

why is reply button at bottom of gmail on htc incredible

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+