DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: WIFI Connectivity - CISCO Linksys N-band

  1. Junior Droid
    billgoco's Avatar
    Member #
    43066
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    Moto DROID
    #1

    WIFI Connectivity - CISCO Linksys N-band

    I've been trying to get connected to my home network and the phone acts as though it can't connect to N-band.....

    Anyone have any ideas?
  2. Droid Sensei
    LtKen's Avatar
    Member #
    31927
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,637
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by billgoco View Post
    I've been trying to get connected to my home network and the phone acts as though it can't connect to N-band.....

    Anyone have any ideas?
    It cant connect to the N-Band, the WiFi hardware is B/G only (presumably for power consumption reasons).

    You have to change your home network settings to be B/G/N Mixed.
  3. Junior Droid
    billgoco's Avatar
    Member #
    43066
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    Moto DROID
    #3

    That Explains it.....

    My CISCO router is N band only...... Oh well, life in the "fast" lane.

    Thanks for the quick response.
  4. Droid Sensei
    LtKen's Avatar
    Member #
    31927
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,637
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by billgoco View Post
    My CISCO router is N band only...... Oh well, life in the "fast" lane.
    Really? That's weird -- is it brand new? N Band only became a standard a few months ago....

    What model is it?
  5. Droid Ninja
    jasonb's Avatar
    Member #
    12570
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,153
    Phone
    Moto Droid :)
    #5
    are you 100% sure you cant do a mixed mode, or default it back to G?
  6. Master Droid
    FunN4Lo's Avatar
    Member #
    33783
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    932
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    #6
    I have a relatively new CISCO N-band running WPA-2 security and connect with no issues
  7. Droid Sensei
    LtKen's Avatar
    Member #
    31927
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,637
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by FunN4Lo View Post
    I have a relatively new CISCO N-band running WPA-2 security and connect with no issues
    You must be running Mixed mode, because it's impossible for the Droid to support 802.11N
  8. Master Droid
    FunN4Lo's Avatar
    Member #
    33783
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    932
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmayo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FunN4Lo View Post
    I have a relatively new CISCO N-band running WPA-2 security and connect with no issues
    You must be running Mixed mode, because it's impossible for the Droid to support 802.11N
    You are correct sir, one of my son's Wii is b/g also... just letting the OP know that CISCO-N and Droid work in some situations (mine) so with further investigation he may get his to work.
  9. Droid Sensei
    LtKen's Avatar
    Member #
    31927
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,637
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by FunN4Lo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmayo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FunN4Lo View Post
    I have a relatively new CISCO N-band running WPA-2 security and connect with no issues
    You must be running Mixed mode, because it's impossible for the Droid to support 802.11N
    You are correct sir, one of my son's Wii is b/g also... just letting the OP know that CISCO-N and Droid work in some situations (mine) so with further investigation he may get his to work.
    I didnt mean to come off as accusing, just trying to reinforce my own position on mixed mode-ness. We'll get this worked out for the OP.
  10. Super Moderator
    New2u's Avatar
    Member #
    21
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tallahassee, Fl
    Posts
    3,628
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    #10
    When i had my d-link in N-Mode only, i could still get my droid to connect to it. Take it for what it's worth, i work on routers all the time, so i know it wasn't in mixed mode for those who want to somehow debunk it.
    Resistance is futile.

    On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. WI-FI connection problems using a Linksys Range Expander
    By the.rebel.agent in forum Motorola Milestone
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-09-2010, 06:11 AM
  2. accessing my linksys camera
    By nspire52 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 09:47 AM
  3. Voice Band For Android
    By homemadehitshow in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 12:36 PM
  4. Voice Band for Droid would be AWESOME!
    By mikespe in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 06:18 PM
  5. WiFi Connectivity problem?
    By Bob Dammit in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-03-2010, 03:52 PM

Search tags for this page

linksys droid
,
normal range of wifi connectivity
,

range of normal wifi connectivity

,
what is the normal range for wifi connectivity
,
what is the normal range of wifi connectivity
,
what is the range for normal wifi connectivity
,

what is the range of normal wi-fi connectivity

,

what is the range of normal wi-fi connectivity?

,

what is the range of normal wifi connectivity

,

what is the range of normal wifi connectivity?

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+