DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: I have officially ordered my Droid! ;)

  1. Droid
    JeriKu's Avatar
    Member #
    39344
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    39
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    Talking I have officially ordered my Droid! ;)

    So after a few months of considering it I decided to finally break out the debit card. It should arrive on my doorstep on Monday!

    I'm actually quite pumped.. I'm an avid forum poster (I frequent IGN hourly) and so I decided to look into a Droid forum and sure enough - here it is!

    A little bit about me, I live in Atlanta, Georgia. I'm an avid PS3 gamer. I'm married and I have one child and another on the way.

    So here's to getting to know you all better.. See you all around!

  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Beta Team
    thebowers's Avatar
    Member #
    8519
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,548
    Twitter
    dabowerman
    Phone
    Rooted Droid, OC @ 1.1 Ghz
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #2
    Welcome, there is much to be had already.
    If you like what I do, thanks



    Your can follow me as follows

    @dabowerman - Twitter
    Derek Bower - G+ - this is where I will be @ the most and where stuff gets released first.

    Theming Guides that might come in handy
    Theming Guide for Progress Bar
    Notification Text Color Change (How to)
    Theming Guide for System Text
  4. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #3
    to the Droid Forums. Well, it appears you're going to have your hands full. Between your family and your Droid you probably will have little time for yourself.

    Not trying to discourage you at all, just be prepared for an adventure. Good luck to you and let us know how you're doing on Monday when your Droid arrives.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Droid
    JeriKu's Avatar
    Member #
    39344
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    39
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    to the Droid Forums. Well, it appears you're going to have your hands full. Between your family and your Droid you probably will have little time for yourself.

    Not trying to discourage you at all, just be prepared for an adventure. Good luck to you and let us know how you're doing on Monday when your Droid arrives.
    I most certainly will.
    - New Motorola Droid User -
    Playstation Network: JeriKu
    Currently Playing: Battlefield: Bad Company 2
  6. Super Moderator/RS
    mwhartman's Avatar
    Member #
    27806
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    10,730
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JeriKu View Post
    So after a few months of considering it I decided to finally break out the debit card. It should arrive on my doorstep on Monday!

    I'm actually quite pumped.. I'm an avid forum poster (I frequent IGN hourly) and so I decided to look into a Droid forum and sure enough - here it is!

    A little bit about me, I live in Atlanta, Georgia. I'm an avid PS3 gamer. I'm married and I have one child and another on the way.

    So here's to getting to know you all better.. See you all around!

    Welcome!

    Spend as much time as possible between now and the time your Droid arrives with you wife and child. If you visit IGN hourly once your Droid arrives you will spend the other 23 hours a day on this forum
  7. RS Admin
    christim's Avatar
    Member #
    30681
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    5,115
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    #6
    Welcome aboard. First smart phone? It was for me, back in November and I haven't put the thing down yet.

    They should make a new commercial:

    Sooo <insert name here>, you've bought a Droid...what are you going to do next? (said as the customer walks out of a Verizon store).

    thoughtful pause with a far away look and then blur out to:

    Fast forward through some geocaching, game playing, gps navigating, websurfing, multiple skins, where'd I park my car, hanging a picture with the level app, book reading, music playing, light saber dueling (heck, we already had to get permision for "droid" right?), movie watching, guitar playing, etc, etc, etc.
  8. Master Droid
    DessoThumbs's Avatar
    Member #
    28389
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    943
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    #7
    Congrats and welcome. I was in your shoes not long ago, anxiously awaitng the UPS man. I've got two kids myself, ones a freshman @ Wake Forest and the other is a senior in high school, so I know about being busy. You'll love your Droid just like we all do.
    DessoThumbs
    ........Stock S4.........
  9. Droid
    JeriKu's Avatar
    Member #
    39344
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    39
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by christim View Post
    Welcome aboard. First smart phone? It was for me, back in November and I haven't put the thing down yet.

    Fast forward through some geocaching, game playing, gps navigating, websurfing, multiple skins, where'd I park my car, hanging a picture with the level app, book reading, music playing, light saber dueling (heck, we already had to get permision for "droid" right?), movie watching, guitar playing, etc, etc, etc.
    Yup, it sure is my first smart phone. It took me this long to talk my wife into the fact that I need one of these!

    I love geocatching! Is there an app for that?

    Also.. I did not know you could put books on it.. That's excellent news for me!

    Quote Originally Posted by DessoThumbs View Post
    Congrats and welcome. I was in your shoes not long ago, anxiously awaitng the UPS man. I've got two kids myself, ones a freshman @ Wake Forest and the other is a senior in high school, so I know about being busy. You'll love your Droid just like we all do.
    Excellent! Thanks for the reply.. I know for a fact that Monday is going to kill me. Especially because I wake up at 4am every day to go to the gym.. I'm going to have to find something that will take my mind off of it!
    - New Motorola Droid User -
    Playstation Network: JeriKu
    Currently Playing: Battlefield: Bad Company 2
  10. RS Admin
    christim's Avatar
    Member #
    30681
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    5,115
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    #9
    There are a couple geocaching apps, you're in luck!

    Aldiko is the android reader app I use for books. You can import your current ones into it too. Calibre is an open source tool that will convert various ebook formats into the format Aldiko uses. Search the web for that to install on your pc.
  11. Junior Droid
    FergatROn's Avatar
    Member #
    39160
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Fairburn, GA
    Posts
    28
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #10
    Welcome to the club JeriKu. Funny; I live near Atlanta and I just signed up to this forum yesterday and ordered my Droid the day before. It should get here by Monday. We're in the same boat. I'm married w/ 3 kids and I'll probably get a PS3 by 2nd quarter.

    • Playstation Network: MarfeJokinII
    Marc F. | Motorola Droid [CyanogenMod 6.x]

    "Let the blind lead the blind... it's more fun to watch."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Just Ordered My droid!
    By drmcstford in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 04:13 PM
  2. just ordered a droid 10 min. ago!
    By IIIunityIII in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 11:05 PM
  3. Just ordered my Droid....
    By skelt11 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 02:20 AM
  4. Ordered my Droid....
    By knightshade in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-24-2009, 07:29 PM

Search tags for this page

blazincaucasian.webs.com

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+