DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 15 of 207 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Don't forget to make an introduction thread!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Hi all.
    I sure feel like I've been thru the phones in the past year. I was with Verizon for many years. Had an Envy2 which I liked just fine, but my family all wanted G1's. Sooo, cancelled Verizon and went with TMobile for the G1. Hated it. Traded it for the Samsung Omnia. Hated it too. Realized it was actually tMob I hated. Lots of dropped calls in my rural area. Went back to Verizon buying the cheapest phone I could get. Found my old Envy and transferred to it, then one of my pups chewed it up. Got a Samsung Rogue. A month later, same pup chewed it. Some of it works, some doesn't. Soooo, shelled out the big bucks for a M-droid as it wasn't time to renew. Yikes. This phone will be kept out of reach of said pup! Had it for two days so far and love it. Lots of questions for other threads.
    Anyone want some great, chewed up old phones. Or perhaps a pup????
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    This is my first smartphone...glad i waited for the droid, also glad i found this forum cuz its been a huge help already.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid to Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by MastiffMom View Post
    Hi all.
    I sure feel like I've been thru the phones in the past year. I was with Verizon for many years. Had an Envy2 which I liked just fine, but my family all wanted G1's. Sooo, cancelled Verizon and went with TMobile for the G1. Hated it. Traded it for the Samsung Omnia. Hated it too. Realized it was actually tMob I hated. Lots of dropped calls in my rural area. Went back to Verizon buying the cheapest phone I could get. Found my old Envy and transferred to it, then one of my pups chewed it up. Got a Samsung Rogue. A month later, same pup chewed it. Some of it works, some doesn't. Soooo, shelled out the big bucks for a M-droid as it wasn't time to renew. Yikes. This phone will be kept out of reach of said pup! Had it for two days so far and love it. Lots of questions for other threads.
    Welcome to the forums...definitely a lousy bit of weather we had for quite a stretch but now it seems to be warming and windy..and a bit dry. I can get my bike out. (Yay!!!) Did you ever get your battery issues resolved and the "turning on" part straightened out ?

There are some good folks here and the phone is worth the money but, there's a learning curve and an adjustment period while you configure the phone to your individual needs. Takes a couple of weeks...Good luck...stay warm and dry...
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MastiffMom View Post
    Hi all.
    Welcome to the forums...definitely a lousy bit of weather we had for quite a stretch but now it seems to be warming and windy..and a bit dry. I can get my bike out. (Yay!!!) Did you ever get your battery issues resolved and the "turning on" part straightened out ?

There are some good folks here and the phone is worth the money but, there's a learning curve and an adjustment period while you configure the phone to your individual needs. Takes a couple of weeks...Good luck...stay warm and dry...
    Thanks Mongoose. I did get the battery thing figured out. I am sooo enjoying the nice weather and playing with the dogs. My area is very popular with the bikers (pedal variety, not motor) On weekends they come out here in droves when the weather is nice.
    Now that I know my phone is working, gonna go find some info on the Nav part.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    After a month of research and research, and then more research, I settled on the Driod and I am glad I did. After less than one week with it I can't figure out how I lived without it. I am looking forward to leaning all I can about this Droid. I hope to find help on things like Exchange, VPN, and IPsec AFTER I learn some of the cool tips and tricks.
    IPhones? Are you kidding me? IPhones! Don't talk to me about IPhones. (Best read back to yourself in the voice of coach Jim Mora)
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    welcome folks! glad you all are here.. this has been a great place for info and learning so far, so enjoy and add your thoughts when you can.

welcome to the machine!
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Hi all. Thanks for having this place that offers info and instructions on the Motorola Droid.. I luv this phone. Now I've just got to learn how to use it...lol
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X/Galaxy Tab
    Hello, my nickname is Neko.... I'll be in this forum a lot. Tomorrow I will be getting my DROID and I know I will have a few questions.

Take Care,
    Neko
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid 2.1 Custom

Thumbs up

Hello all.. I am a new member here and already love the forums I've had the privilege of browsing through over last few days. I am a diehard "geek" of technology and so anxious to see what the droid releases to us. I have used computers all my life. I am currently going to college at NCSU in NC for all my certs (incl. A+, Net+, Security+, MCP, and CCNA). I have a passion for computers. It's like another realm to me. I have also been through phones like socks. I've had pretty much any high-tech phone that has come out (incl. iPhone, Hermes, Wizard, Tilt, Storm). I am now proud owner of my Moto Droid and I believe this phone is the gateway to the future. I would love to help out as much as possible here. I am learning SO much here, aside from what I already know. This is a great place to be a member of, and I'm glad to be here.
    Last edited by Ace Benjamin; 01-24-2010 at 08:24 PM.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rooted Droid
    Hey guys, I am new here. I just got my Droid I am coming from a Blackberry Tour. I have only had my Droid for a few hours. I love it so far!

Links