DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 10 of 207 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Don't forget to make an introduction thread!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Guess I could throw somthing up here about myself. I live in Concord California, I've had my droid for about 3 weeks now, and I'm a Saftey Technician for Self Contained Breathing Apparatuses and Confined Space entry equipment for refinery workers, fire departments and police.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Hi, I'm new to the forum and to the Droid, but I have been a Palm smartphone user for years.

For those trying to set up email accounts. I used the settings that SnapperMail used for the Treo, and those settings work for the Droid as well.

The link to the page is SnapperMail Support FAQ (I hope that works, some boards don't allow URLs in messages for new users).

ETA - I see that it does work.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Ummmmmmm...o.k.....lil bit bout me. I'm a stay at home mommy of 3 from Ohio. I figured when my 9 and 11 year old kids had nicer cell phones then me...it was def. time to upgrade. I couldn't wait to get my Droid home and read all about it. Well....no manual! Sooooo...I stumbled appon this forum while trying to figure out what apps. are available. I'm new to the Droid and new to the whole "forum" thing as well. Bare with me......LOL Jenn from Ohio
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanibel View Post
    Ummmmmmm...o.k.....lil bit bout me. I'm a stay at home mommy of 3 from Ohio. I figured when my 9 and 11 year old kids had nicer cell phones then me...it was def. time to upgrade. I couldn't wait to get my Droid home and read all about it. Well....no manual! Sooooo...I stumbled appon this forum while trying to figure out what apps. are available. I'm new to the Droid and new to the whole "forum" thing as well. Bare with me......LOL Jenn from Ohio
    1st, welcome Jenn. The phone is great and the community is great with support. With the little ones Be SURE to get a good protector (the Seidio's are supposed to be great, I just ordered one last night).
    Last edited by KZIWarrior; 01-03-2010 at 06:04 PM.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Thanks for the "Welcome" KZI! Can't wait to get to know my new phone and all of you guys!
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    I'm coming over from the Blackberry Storm 1 & 2. The Droid is GREAT, but I find the learning curve a little steeper! This forum is very informative! I look forward to helping others as my knowledge increases.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Hey All, Just here to learn about my new droid.....thanx....
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Hi Guys and Gals;
    BigJim here. I'm a new droid user switching over from a Palm Treo 700p. I have been a palm user for 15 years. I'm having a hard time finding apps to port all my stuff over, especially the memo app on the palm. 15 years worth of info is a lot to re-enter by hand. About 480 memos. If I can't find a good app. I may bail on this so called Smartphone.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim View Post
    Hi Guys and Gals;
    BigJim here. I'm a new droid user switching over from a Palm Treo 700p. I have been a palm user for 15 years. I'm having a hard time finding apps to port all my stuff over, especially the memo app on the palm. 15 years worth of info is a lot to re-enter by hand. About 480 memos. If I can't find a good app. I may bail on this so called Smartphone.
    From Palm OS to Android (Droid) - Android Forums
    Importing Palm Memos - surely this can be done?? - Android Forums

Hope it helps. There are sacrifices to be made for evolution. But admittedly I don't really consider the Droid a "smart-phone." I'm coming from WM smart-phones and there are just a bunch of small things missing that require apps (many times for cost) that should be part of the OS. But it will get there, and there are workarounds. You just have to weight the pros and cons and decide for yourself.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I am new here! Just got my Moto Droid and I love it! I am Navy guy in New Orleans and looking for some tech help with some the not so easy stuff!
Page 10 of 207 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Links