How about this for romance meant for men...My wife totally surprised me with the Droid for Valentines Day!
I was making noise about tiring of my BB Pearl. It was getting long in the tooth. So now I am gleefully puttering with the Droid interface, and figuring out how to get the productivity I am accustomed to.
A few initial observations:
- Un-friggin-believable display. Almost hurts to look at it, it's so crisp.
- Cant wait to try the navi. Looks so capable and cool. Is there any compelling reason to have a $2000 navi car option anymore? Nope.
- Slide keyboard is just ok, hard to say whether I will use it vs. the graphic one. I am used to the Pearl predictive type and key/ball feel for better or worse. Time will tell.
- Trying to decide how I am going to carry this around. It's too heavy for pockets IMO, so probably a holster? Not a big fan of holster hauling though...
- I am a bit perplexed for the moment about its email capabilities: I have not gotten a successful link to my secure (https) corporate microsoft exchange server and this was effortless with the BB. Hmm....Same thing with yahoo email. Well I guess that's what forums are for. I welcome any thoughts and shout-outs, and off I go to get some forum help, and maybe spin up some threads.