DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bye bye, Blackberry Storm.

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Bye bye, Blackberry Storm.

Hey everyone, I'm a Droid owner for two days now. I love having a phone that doesn't have a clunky OS. Everything runs unbelievably smooth on the Droid. I've been an avid Google products user (wave, voice, gmail, picasa, etc) since gmail first came out, so I was very excited to see a phone that integrated everything Google so well.

I'm sure everyone here knows this, but just to reiterate: The Droid beats the BB Storm in style, function, clarity, and pretty much any other category you might be able to come up with. I'm excited to be part of the community!

3. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Well we are excited to have you here as well rusray so welcome aboard.

Make yourself at home here and enjoy the forums.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Welcome to the Forum.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    storm
    I am a storm user - thinking of switching - in your opinion - why do you like it better? I love the storm's touch screen and games. And the email push. Think I will like the droid? How's the battery life?
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Tornado View Post
    I am a storm user - thinking of switching - in your opinion - why do you like it better? I love the storm's touch screen and games. And the email push. Think I will like the droid? How's the battery life?
    It's night and day difference. Mail push should be the same because the only one it's instant for is Gmail and Droid is a google platform. Don't know what to tell you about games, but the ones I play are great. Touch screen is totally different. This is a true touch screen.

I came from a Storm 2. Huge learning curve but worth it.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Droid's screen wins hands down. Droids games win hands down, and are only getting better.

E-mail push, as much as I hate to say it, nothing beats a BB. but there are many threads in the forum to help you set up your E-mail accounts.

Welcome and Enjoy!
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    iPhone 5
    I agree, Droid hands down. I too was a former Storm user. Love the smoothness & speed of the Droid.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I'll be honest with you. The battery life of this phone worries me everyday. There is a battery post somewhere on here that you should read for sure. I usually get worried because it seems like after a bit of use I'm down to 90%, but realistically it does pretty well. Yesterday I took my phone off the dock at 9am made a few 10min+ calls, texted all day, browsed the market, facebook, etc, and ended up with 40% at 3am the next morning. But I keep wifi and bluetooth off at all times, and the screen dim.

The screen is gorgeous on this phone, colors seem more vibrant. In the three or four days I've had it, I can easily text faster than on my BB Storm. Plus there are keyboard replacements on the market. Also, if you for some reason can't get the touch screen down with typing, you can pull out the physical keyboard (although I NEVER do). I ended up getting a keyboard replacement called Swype from a relative. I can't see that it's officially out for the Droid yet, so you might have to search google for it. (if nothing else I can email it to you, as I still have the file on my computer)

You can push email to the Droid, but I have a gmail account, and upon entering my info, it synced up my contacts, calendar, etc. So if you have Gmail you're set, if not you can still make it work for sure!

The Android Market, seriously SERIOUSLY puts the BB App World to shame. There is no shortage of games or apps to improve your phone on the Android Market.

I really love the 3G connection my Droid gets too. My Storm never, ever got a 3G connection. To compare: The Droid is like having cable internet while the Storm was like having dial-up.

As for you liking it: I switched mainly because I'm a Google person, but also I thought the Storm 1 had a clunky interface. There were ALL kinds of little bugs in that phone that would drive me crazy on a daily basis. I would highly recommend switching, but of course it's all open to personal taste.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    Yeah I came from the Storm too....at the time I thought the Storm was pretty good....

Whenever I got my Droid, I quickly realized how HORRIBLE the Storm is and how badly it navigated and loaded web pages, and basically realized how crappy the Storm is....compared to something like this....

11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus: Sourcerized
    Quote Originally Posted by rusray View Post
    I'll be honest with you. The battery life of this phone worries me everyday. There is a battery post somewhere on here that you should read for sure. I usually get worried because it seems like after a bit of use I'm down to 90%, but realistically it does pretty well. Yesterday I took my phone off the dock at 9am made a few 10min+ calls, texted all day, browsed the market, facebook, etc, and ended up with 40% at 3am the next morning. But I keep wifi and bluetooth off at all times, and the screen dim.
    I've heard it before, the smarter the smartphone the shorter the battery life.

I make it a point to always know where a charger is and plan on bringing one with me if I plan to be away from my home for more than a day.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    ROM: Team Sourcery!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links