I've been browsing this and other forums for a while, but finally decided to try and contribute to the conversation. I started with an OG Droid which I flashed with various versions of Cyanogenmod, Bugless Beast and some others I forget at the moment. Since then I've moved onto a Droid 3, and had nothing but trouble! I wish they'd just unlock it... On this device I've used hashcode's AKOP and CM9 roms, Steeldroid, and currently Teamhater's Eclipse 3.0 port. I think I might be switching back to Steeldroid 4.8 though...
I hope to have some more time once I wrap up school this semester and will be able to actually contribute some code to the community, but we'll see.
Have a good one!