DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: In the market for a 1st time droid phone :)

1. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Welcome to Droid Forums!! Looks like everyone has you pretty well covered, so I am just saying hello!!
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    samsung hue
    Want to thank everybody for replying...And I have made a decision on a phone,after going to the verizon store,looking around,talking to the reps and then figuring out what my new bill would be with thier droid phones I have officially bought myself a samsung galaxy proclaim,which is on the straight talk circut cutting verizon bloated bill in half We live in the deep south and only verizon towers everywhere,fact one just a mile from my house,so reception should be great I hope...They say this new phone is the same as an illusion but got some of the glitches out...Praying it does...Also a couple people who I talked to said its not as hard to learn to use as some of the others with loads of apps to try to get around...Have not got it yet though had to order and it'll be here next week cause its sold out everywhere down here,1st droid for Straight talk verizon service anywhere...I'm crossing my fingers and by the way I did get the 18 month extended accident warranty just in case some dire thing happens to it...LOL...I'll post when I get it and let all know if I lived or died thru it all
    Last edited by olelady; 08-01-2012 at 04:04 PM.
  3. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Definitely let us know how it is, I haven't heard any feedback on it yet so it will be good to get someone's perspective.

"Don't Panic!"
    Tapatalk 2_NEXUS 7
  4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Congratulations olelady! I think you will enjoy android! Once you get your phone, if you have any questions, we are here to help.
    Mike.757 likes this.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    samsung hue
    Hey all,yes I survived and loving it.Got my Galaxy Proclaim last week,got it up and running and its really an easy phone to learn.My nephew who's in his 4th year in college fell in love with it.He's got a verizon blackberry droid last year and now want to change over to straight talk galaxy proclaim,I did have a samsung phone for 2 years and it was great never had a moments trouble with it stillis great but as I said this new sharing plan rate for us had got way too high,this plan is half of what that plan would be and excellent service,drove all over our county 1st and 2nd day had even better signal strentgh than before on verizon...Yesterday drove some 140 miles to the west and back still great...Only problems I have heard with this company is need to research who your main cell carrier towers are with in your vicinty ours is verizon based,so many folks buy a phone thats not compatable to thier carriers they have other droid phones for each..Some say the customer service is not great but I have had one of the phone phones for an elderly Uncle for 2 years and always have had good customer relations when I have encountered a problem,verizon had some rude people once in a while so can't really go by how some folks are..But really I'll have to give this little phone a 2 thumbs up,great screen size,colors,and sound is loud and not muffled at all...I'd recommend to anyone,and the hubby is crazy bout his too Told you all I was gonna update Thanx,Ole Lady
  6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Ahh, congratulations olelady! And thanks for the update. That sounds super. Have fun with them and if you have any questions or anything to share, stop by.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  7. Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Phone
    LG Mach
    Welcome to the site. Just about any of these new-fangled phones would be a good choice, and you can always change later. They use the word "upgrade" but we know better!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links