DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53

Thread: Why should I choose the Motorola Droid?

  1. Droid Ninja
    Big Ry's Avatar
    Member #
    34627
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,309
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Sexxxus
    #1

    Why should I choose the Motorola Droid?

    I have been using my blackberry bold 9000 on at&t for a little over a year now. i used to be an at&t salesman, so it was on a dirt cheap no contract line. today, that line finally got cancelled well now i want to jump on someones family plan to save $$$. my parents are on verizon and many of my friends are on at&t. i really hate apple with a passion so i really dont think i want an iphone. but why should i chose the droid over other comparable phones like the bold 9700, tour, omnia 2, etc? touch screens are cool and all, but i've yet to use one (even the iphone) that i can txt quickly on. the iphone has the best touchscreen of any phone ive used, but i still cant txt fast on it, i need buttons. i know the omnia isnt, but i kinda like the phone anyway. a nice camera is a plus, and smoothness/snappiness is very important.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    MM1 Payne (US Navy)'s Avatar
    Member #
    25616
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Florida.
    Posts
    270
    Phone
    Moto Droid Rooted: BB 950Mhz
    #2
    I can Personally say the Moto Droid is the best threat to the Iphone right now.. Meaning its just as good if not better. I told myself i would never love a touchscreen like i loved my phone's. But this touchscreen is just as responsive and Bigger! Just read up on these forms and you will be easily pulled to the droids side lol.

    Edit:The QWERTY Keyboard takes some getting used to but you just have to break it in.. I used to hate it but i love it now.

    If your a Customize junkie or your in to specifics like the phones OS and etc.

    01.Customization is one of the key points on this phone. You wouldn't believe some of the things you could do to your droid to make it completely unique.

    02. The camera is 5 mega pixel with dual LED lights and auto focus but I'm not gonna be bias the camera needs some work. but I'm sure with time improvements will be made.

    03.Alot of people don't realize this but the music sound quality is significantly increased. you will hear certain things in songs you've never heard before (with the earphones plugged in) and the outside speaker is extremely loud.

    04. The OS is no joke its not hard but quite complex from all the tings it can do (thats why this is no child's toy) But with all the things it lets you do is magnificent.

    05. The droid DOES have youmail, i hear its not bad and you can find it at the app store.

    06. My best friends and i never really found any use for the call and go on the web at the same time. and we all had i phones. Now don't get it twisted bro. If your connected to wifi you can talk and be on the web simultaneously.

    As for the SIM card thing i understand were your coming from but they way i think of it is it makes it THAT much harder for someone to try and use your phone after its stolen.. ehh its just my two cents but welcome to the forum nevertheless!

    ~MM1 Payne
    Last edited by MM1 Payne (US Navy); 02-04-2010 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Didn't wanna post again lol
    HPF Turbo Stage II Kit:17,000$
    Blue Candy Paint Finish: 3,000$
    DrOiD Kickin' it on the dashboard:600$

    Watching your ex and her new boyfriend stare at your bimmer as they crash into a tree.....
    PRICELESS
  4. Droid Ninja
    Big Ry's Avatar
    Member #
    34627
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,309
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Sexxxus
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by MM1 Payne (US Navy) View Post
    I can Personally say the Moto Droid is the best threat to the Iphone right now.. Meaning its just as good if not better. I told myself i would never love a touchscreen like i loved my phone's. But this touchscreen is just as responsive and Bigger! Just read up on these forms and you will be easily pulled to the droids side lol.
    well im already heavily leaning toward it because of the camera and all the apps. pretty much the only thing holding me back is the ease of email on my blackberry, the fact that verizon doesnt use SIM cards, and not being able to simultaneously talk and browse i never thought id care about that but i use it a surprising amount. and visual voicemail. does droid have one besides youmail? blackberry has youmail and its awful.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Big Ry's Avatar
    Member #
    34627
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,309
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Sexxxus
    #4
    any1 else?
  6. Droid Sensei
    natediddy1120's Avatar
    Member #
    23380
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    3,183
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    #5
    The Motorola Droid doesn't even compare to phones like blackberries or the omnia! No way! The only phone that could be close is the iPhone or Nexus One...

  7. Junior Droid
    uhdcj98's Avatar
    Member #
    33040
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    MotoDroid
    #6
    I was debating between an iPhone and the Droid after my contract was up with TMobile. A
    big selling point for me was the fact that through Verizon, i could get insurance; coupled
    with the fact that the Droid has a replaceable battery. That being said-I am happy with
    my choice a little over a month into the port.
  8. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by natediddy1120 View Post
    The Motorola Droid doesn't even compare to phones like blackberries or the omnia! No way! The only phone that could be close is the iPhone or Nexus One...
    Exactly what I was thinking when I read the opening post. A Blackberry comparable with a Droid?

    I had the Storm and the Storm 2 and Droid just smokes Blackberry.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  9. Droid Ninja
    Big Ry's Avatar
    Member #
    34627
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,309
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Sexxxus
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by natediddy1120 View Post
    The Motorola Droid doesn't even compare to phones like blackberries or the omnia! No way! The only phone that could be close is the iPhone or Nexus One...
    can you elaborate?
  10. Droid Ninja
    Big Ry's Avatar
    Member #
    34627
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,309
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Sexxxus
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by uhdcj98 View Post
    I was debating between an iPhone and the Droid after my contract was up with TMobile. A
    big selling point for me was the fact that through Verizon, i could get insurance; coupled
    with the fact that the Droid has a replaceable battery. That being said-I am happy with
    my choice a little over a month into the port.
    well i hate apple, so the iphones not even on the bottom of my list...f*ck that f*g steve jobs!

    probabbly the biggest selling point on the droid for me are free GPS, touch screen AND physical keyboard, 20k+ apps, and the camera. and from what i hear the OS is smooth and quick, if thats true itll be a huge +
  11. Junior Droid
    uhdcj98's Avatar
    Member #
    33040
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    MotoDroid
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by uhdcj98 View Post
    I was debating between an iPhone and the Droid after my contract was up with TMobile. A
    big selling point for me was the fact that through Verizon, i could get insurance; coupled
    with the fact that the Droid has a replaceable battery. That being said-I am happy with
    my choice a little over a month into the port.
    well i hate apple, so the iphones not even on the bottom of my list...f*ck that f*g steve jobs!

    probabbly the biggest selling point on the droid for me are free GPS, touch screen AND physical keyboard, 20k+ apps, and the camera. and from what i hear the OS is smooth and quick, if thats true itll be a huge +
    I felt the same way before I purchased my Mac. Now I don't think I could own another PC. Another big concern was my music on iTunes...Doubletwist solved that problem and now my songs are on my Droid.
    You are right, the free GPS is nice...I now have a brick in my truck called Garmin because the Droid does the same thing-only better. Oh yea, 20k+ and growing...
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Motorola Milestone is Germany's Motorola Droid
    By danDroid in forum Android News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 07:15 PM
  2. Q: How can one manually choose a network?
    By darkgreen in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 03:51 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-29-2009, 07:36 PM
  4. Many Apps to Choose From..
    By SirSyeco in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-07-2009, 11:30 AM
  5. LED Notification - Choose Color
    By dreamtheater993 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-06-2009, 06:33 PM

Search tags for this page

mini sexxxus

,

should i choose droid or blackberry

,

which i choose blackberry or motorola titanium?

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+