DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hi, I'm Trish, and I'm on my 3rd Droid

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID

Talking Hi, I'm Trish, and I'm on my 3rd Droid

I went to look at the Droid when it first came out. I was due for an upgrade on Nov 5th, so it was like a calling.... but when I went to look at it, I HATED the keyboard. 2 weeks later, my old phone's battery stops charging and I wasn't going to spend any $ on that thing.... so I decided to just get the Droid. That one stopped charging and the dudes at the Verizon store couldn't get it to do anything so they gave me a replacement. My second one starting acting really weird:

Problems I was having:

-Phone screen would turn off as soon as I made a call. It wouldn't wait until I put it to my ear, so calling voicemail was impossible from that phone unless I slid open the phone just to punch my code in.... ANNOYING.

-Phone screen would stay on, on incoming calls thus resulting in my face hanging up the call.

-Phone screen would NEVER come back on when I wanted to end a call.

- I would get error codes of death randomly when trying to call voicemail. It would say that the call could not be performed, yet it was placing the call.

- When receiving a text message, I would go to open it, and the text would not show up. I would then have to hit the back button, then go back into the message and like magic it finally was there.

-The phone LAGGED severely, unlike my first Droid.

Apparently I should have searched this forum before doing 3 factory resets and finally getting a new one under warranty. I now know not to bother with the Advanced Task Killer!

I hope I get the award for longest introductory post.

Oh... my name is Trish, I race cars, scuba dive, sky dive, and do other awesome things. No, I'm not available.
  2. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member
    Hey Trish, welcome to the site. Sorry to hear about all the problems your having, my phone has been great for me

Welcome though!
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Self inflicted problems according to some... Damn Advanced Task Killer. Thanks for the welcome though.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Hi Trish. I'm not available either. Hope your Droid works out for you this time. Welcome to the forum. Is this your first smart phone?
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Hi Trish. I'm not available either. Hope your Droid works out for you this time. Welcome to the forum. Is this your first smart phone?

This may be the best nes of the day
    Sometimes , It is what it is !
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    hello trish,

that sounded like a AA intro lol

sorry to hear about your issues with the droid so far. i had to return my first one as the physical keyboard backlight never came on. it appears the one issue a lot of the phones have had relate to the built in sensors which detect proximity, light levels and so fourth.
    i sure hope you get one that doesnt give you any issues soon. my 2nd one has been perfect. and i too have recently realized with help of this forum that the task killers are pointless, and caused my phone to have some lag compared to now without it.

welcome aboard, and are you available?
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Welcome Trish, Droid Owner, and fellow member of the "I'm-Not-Available-Club" ..

Sorry to hear about your problems. However, this forum is great, and I have learned a lot about the ins and outs of this phone.

However, on the Advanced Task Killer issue. I have never had a problem with in... in fact my Droid has worked great out of the box.
  8. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishtheDish View Post
    I hope I get the award for longest introductory post.

Oh... my name is Trish, I race cars, scuba dive, sky dive, and do other awesome things. No, I'm not available.
    Welcome TrishTheDish to DroidForums

It just may be one of the longest intros on the forum
    Sorry to hear of your previous DROIDs.
    I hope the current one is finaly being nice to you

It's great that you have joined us here !!! We Hope you enjoy your time in the forums !!!

Enjoy and Have Fun whille you are here
    Sounds like you are going to fit in here real nice !!
    Where Ever you Go! There You Are !!
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    I knew that would somehow come out like an AA introduction. Luckily I am not an alcoholic (yet )

The whole "I'm not available" deal was because I moderate another forum (read: online sausage fest) where that question gets asked on the daily and I figured I would just get that out of the way.

I guess the ATK issues are hit or miss... this new phone is pleasing me so far. It's much faster than the last one, and the sensors seem to be working with no problems. Key words: so far. I'm hoping the supposedly soon OTA update will help... whenever that comes
  10. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1567 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Welcome Trish....great to have you here.

Just an FYI, I'm assuming you have long hair? If yes. the problem you were experiencing with the proximity sensor not shutting the screen down is caused by long hair : )

So if by chance you start experiencing that same issue. It's your hair.

Yes I know, strange.... So don't shoot the messenger and all that : )

See you around the forums.

edit: My girlfriend is from Sugarland.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links