DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Noob 2.1 Update Question

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Noob 2.1 Update Question

i've looked around the net and here and i can't find a true answer to the question, 'what is coming/changing to the Motorola Droid in software update 2.1.'
    any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible
    no one knows for sure yet what all we're getting with the 2.1 update....

hell, no one even knows for sure if its coming out on the 22nd

take a look at this ongoing thread right now

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ting-area.html
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    android 2.1 update for motorola droid confirmed for tomorrow | droid life
    i just read this and im not 100% if this is legit.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Storm (9530) IS GONE! DROID!
    This is from that site.

spoke with a verizon rep just a few minutes ago that confirmed what many have been saying for weeks. they are, as most of us, under the impression that the android os 2.1 update will start rolling out to motorola droids on friday, 1/22. (yes, tomorrow.)

while that comes as great news, there is also some sour news in the mix. when asked if flash 10 would be included in that update, they said they were still not expecting flash support until mid-2010. damn!

and if this rep is wrong on the timing of the update, i'll give everyone the store number so we can set it on fire.
    Speaking with a VZW Rep NEVER confirms anything. They know less than we do half the time.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Not only as just stated, you cant rely on a Verizon rep, there is also multiple forums that discuss what is expected in 2.1
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible

Speaking with a VZW Rep NEVER confirms anything. They know less than we do half the time.

my buddy is a rep at verizon, he said they know just as much as we do about any update for a phone. he said if anything they just tell customers the rumor date so that way they dont sit there and argue with him anymore...
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus: Sourcerized
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorolaDroid View Post

my buddy is a rep at verizon, he said they know just as much as we do about any update for a phone. he said if anything they just tell customers the rumor date so that way they dont sit there and argue with him anymore...
    LOL, I would do the exact same thing.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    ROM: Team Sourcery!

8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdroid View Post
    This is from that site.

spoke with a verizon rep just a few minutes ago that confirmed what many have been saying for weeks. they are, as most of us, under the impression that the android os 2.1 update will start rolling out to motorola droids on friday, 1/22. (yes, tomorrow.)

while that comes as great news, there is also some sour news in the mix. when asked if flash 10 would be included in that update, they said they were still not expecting flash support until mid-2010. damn!

and if this rep is wrong on the timing of the update, i'll give everyone the store number so we can set it on fire.
    Lol,wow, if ever ther has been truth stated on this forum....magdroid...uv got it right. Unless the rep is highly interested in a certain subject,and does their own digging, theyr kept out of the loop until, for example, the DAY before the moto droid came out. Verizon did not authorize ANY training for their newest reps, the lowest on the totem pole, and of course, the ones we talk to first when we call in....until the day before it came out. This is the case for any major changes (save for the price changes that just recently happened. THAT one, they actually did right).
    Of course, supervisors and reps with more time under their belt do get the info...but they aren't the ones who answer the phones. Lol. I say bad form on verizons part. But who cares what we, the paying customers say....am I right?
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Phone
    Moto LS355
    this whole 2.1 debacle has been nothing but i think this i think that i believe this i believe that.

nobody has anything SOLID to go off of. for what its worth, i think its coming out in 3 months

Links