DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Site Assistance: Possible reputation..?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Site Assistance: Possible reputation..?

Well, didn't find anything while doing a search for this so I don't believe anyone else has requested it.

Think we could possibly get a user reputation system going on here? I know it can be abused if people get irresponsible with it, but I've seen it do some good. Gives a small sense of reward for that encourages those to help others and can often discourage others from causing troubles.

In the few communities I've run/modded/been in I've generally seen user rep working out pretty well. Just my thought. :x

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate
    Quote Originally Posted by carbine View Post
    Well, didn't find anything while doing a search for this so I don't believe anyone else has requested it.

Think we could possibly get a user reputation system going on here? I know it can be abused if people get irresponsible with it, but I've seen it do some good. Gives a small sense of reward for that encourages those to help others and can often discourage others from causing troubles.

In the few communities I've run/modded/been in I've generally seen user rep working out pretty well. Just my thought. :x
    I have also seen this before in other forums. One thing I have noticed about this forum is the small amount of trouble makers compared to other forums. I think most are here to help already and very few feel the need to harass.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    yeah, not sure that would do much here.. i say that just because there aren't a lot of really annoying people or spammers (they get immediately banned usually) on this forum.. i'll mention it though
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MOTO DROID!!!
    I kinda agree.. I thin a rating system would be good too.. but we kinda already have that with Droid Newby junior Droid Droid etc... even though that only goes by # of posts.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    yeah, not sure that would do much here.. i say that just because there aren't a lot of really annoying people or spammers (they get immediately banned usually) on this forum.. i'll mention it though
    Thanks much! Don't look too far into it. Sometimes a website can be too bloated with features. Just an idea.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carbine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Thanks much! Don't look too far into it. Sometimes a website can be too bloated with features. Just an idea.
    Well we do have an infraction system, set up for those who abuse the system, but so far that's really about it, yeah other then the # of posts thing
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    I don't really like the user reputation. It's more like a popularity contest. You can be the most helpful person in the world and nobody gives you any rep. I've had it on other boards and I don't know, I always felt cheated.

Just my 2 Cents, I think the forum is fine the way it is now.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct

Links