DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unhappy new customer

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy556 View Post
    Has it pushed email previously, or were you only viewing what it had initially synced? Did you perhaps switch to 3G from a WIFI connection that had local access to the Exchange server?
    I think you are right and I am only seeing what came up when I initially synced. Nothing has been pushed, and I've been getting emails on my desktop for almost 2 hours. No chance I switched to WIFI. The 3G icon is there and WIFI is turned off.

Please help me get Touchdown working. I think that it is the last chance for my Droid before it goes back.
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mr5038 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy556 View Post
    Has it pushed email previously, or were you only viewing what it had initially synced? Did you perhaps switch to 3G from a WIFI connection that had local access to the Exchange server?
    I think you are right and I am only seeing what came up when I initially synced. Nothing has been pushed, and I've been getting emails on my desktop for almost 2 hours. No chance I switched to WIFI. The 3G icon is there and WIFI is turned off.

Please help me get Touchdown working. I think that it is the last chance for my Droid before it goes back.
    Can you send from Touchdown?
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

3. CDB
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (A855)
    Though the native e-mail app works great for my exchange e-mail at work, I wanted to give Touchdown a go to see what it was I might have been missing. Too many people raving about it. I download it, get it setup and are experiencing the very same problem as you - mail isn't being pushed until damn near 15+ minutes later.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDB View Post
    Though the native e-mail app works great for my exchange e-mail at work, I wanted to give Touchdown a go to see what it was I might have been missing. Too many people raving about it. I download it, get it setup and are experiencing the very same problem as you - mail isn't being pushed until damn near 15+ minutes later.
    Go into settings>advanced

What is the polling interval that is set?
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    As far as I am concerned I have never seen the Android phones as a business phone. The phones just don't provide everything that a corporate business person would need. If you ever watch comercials for Android phones they have always been geared towards the consumer not the business person. . .Acutually come to think of it Google in its self is geared towards the consumer. In my opinion if you wanted to keep all you corperate stuff you should have stuck with the blackberry.

I have owned both the blackberry and now I have the Droid. I am not a business person and I love the Droid but all I use is my gmail account.
    Verizon Wireless
    Moto Droid
    Bugless Beast V0.8
  6. CDB
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (A855)
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post

I don't have it installed anymore, but it was setup for 'push', just as the native e-mail app was (which works like a champ). I'll easily chalk this up to 'user error' on my part. There are way too many people who are successfully using it. I honestly didn't bother putting 1 oz of effort into troubleshooting it. With the native e-mail app, I enter in my info - it works (for what I need). With Touchdown, I enter in my info - it works 15+ minutes later. Considering it's $20, I expected it to just work 'better' than the native e-mail app with the same effort in setting it up. I didn't have to troubleshoot the native app, is what I'm getting at.

Thanks for trying to help though, certainly appreciated.
    Last edited by CDB; 01-20-2010 at 10:33 AM.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I have no issues using my own domain accounts on the droid, the stock email leaves some features to be desired, however that can be corrected.

Again I say there is no reason to setup a pop3 account on a mobile device! Use IMAP.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    [quote=Backnblack;157447]
    Quote Originally Posted by mr5038 View Post

Can you send from Touchdown?
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post

Emails are NOT being sent. Polling interval is set for 10 minutes and 'Enable Push' is checked. I tried changing the domain name to the IP address, but that didn't do anything. What am I doing wrong?
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by RW-1 View Post
    Again I say there is no reason to setup a pop3 account on a mobile device! Use IMAP.

How do I do that? When I try to set up my comcast email account in the native email app, go to manual settings and choose IMAP account, I get an error message saying "Unable to open connection to server."
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by roflcopters View Post
    If you absolutely will not use Gmail, why did you buy a phone powered by Google, and runs mostly off of Gmail push?
    This is the sad truth
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links