DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Waitin on my Droid

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    iPhone 3GS, soon to be Droid!

Waitin on my Droid

Just bought a Droid off eBay. Says it was unlocked, then he e-mails me n says he doesnt know. Oh well, AT&T is making me mad anyway. I am in the army and currently in kuwait on deployment. Would I be able to use the WiFi capabilities without a working SIM card in the droid? Once I get back to the states, hopefully there will be a unlock out. I am still currently an iPhone 3GS owner, jailbroken, unlocked. I like it, but the droid seems like a much better phone. (my iphone keeps crashing n I hafto reset a bunch) I've always been one to mess with my electronics, customfirmware PSP's, jailbreaking, unlocking, everything I can get my hands on. I'm very excited to get my new droid n make everything work with it. I'll probably switch to Verizon as soon as I get back home...maybe...i got a nice deal with AT&T. hopefully an unlock will be out by then.
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by biutu View Post
    Just bought a Droid off eBay. Says it was unlocked, then he e-mails me n says he doesnt know. Oh well, AT&T is making me mad anyway. I am in the army and currently in kuwait on deployment. Would I be able to use the WiFi capabilities without a working SIM card in the droid? Once I get back to the states, hopefully there will be a unlock out. I am still currently an iPhone 3GS owner, jailbroken, unlocked. I like it, but the droid seems like a much better phone. (my iphone keeps crashing n I hafto reset a bunch) I've always been one to mess with my electronics, customfirmware PSP's, jailbreaking, unlocking, everything I can get my hands on. I'm very excited to get my new droid n make everything work with it. I'll probably switch to Verizon as soon as I get back home...maybe...i got a nice deal with AT&T. hopefully an unlock will be out by then.
    First, thank you for your service to our Country. Purchasing a Droid on ebay can be tricky, I hope that works for you. I hope you understand that Droid only works on CDMA and unless Kuwait has that type of network it won't work for you as far as receiving and making calls. Let us know how it works out.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    The Droid doesn't have a SIM card.... so there's no unlock necessary. It only works on Verizon.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    quickly figured that out. gonna be using it for WiFi until i get back to the states then switch to Verizon. I added up my bill n it would be $104 a month tho. compared to my $60 already w/ AT&T. for the same features.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    to Droid Forums!

Droid is a CDMA based phone. I'd have a nice discussion with that guy
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by unix.punkx View Post
    to Droid Forums!

he's no longer e-mailing me back. oh well, just as long as I get the phone. ill use it for WiFi while im in kuwait, then go with verizon when i get back. im sure they have a military discount. if not, ill tell em AT&T does (which they do) and ill get one from them. telling them about competitors discounts they dont have always seems to work.
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by biutu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by unix.punkx View Post
    to Droid Forums!

he's no longer e-mailing me back. oh well, just as long as I get the phone. ill use it for WiFi while im in kuwait, then go with verizon when i get back. im sure they have a military discount. if not, ill tell em AT&T does (which they do) and ill get one from them. telling them about competitors discounts they dont have always seems to work.
    yup, that will most likely work. thanks again for your service.
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    it is nice to own a droid, but it is nicer to know there is a forum for only droids, nice to be here

Links