DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: alamosartist56

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone

alamosartist56

Hi! I'm new here.. Where can I post a question regarding my available memory? Even using the taskiller, my available memory keeps decreasing daily. Started out at 97%, now down to 57% . I have added no new apps or done hardly anything with the phone... Help!

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alamosartist56 View Post
    Hi! I'm new here.. Where can I post a question regarding my available memory? Even using the taskiller, my available memory keeps decreasing daily. Started out at 97%, now down to 57% . I have added no new apps or done hardly anything with the phone... Help!
    Welcome to the forum. I'd be happy to answer your question.

I'm going to bet that you come from Blackberry due to your concern about memory. If that's the case we need to deprogram you.

With the Droid you really don't have to worry about available memory. The Droid will actually manage its own memory. I suggest you dump task killer. It interferes with the way Droid manages memory and will actually cause your phone to slow down.

In the general forum you will find a sticky that discusses this issue. When you get a chance I suggest you take a look at it.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct

Links