DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: New to the forum, looking for some rooting resources.

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible

New to the forum, looking for some rooting resources.

Hey guys,

I'm new here, and I'm hoping to find a little bit of direction from you guys. First, here's a little bit of my background: (If you don't care, just skip over the big red section)

I'm using an HTC Droid Incredible, that I've had for about a year or so and I had a Motorola Droid for a few months before that. Prior to the 2 driods, I have used a handful of Windows based (PPC) phones. While I've always loved having the new technology, I've never come close to using any phone to it's capacity.

I've been pretty content with this phone since I got it. Just changing backgrounds, trying stock widgets, just doing some basic stuff. That has come to an end... I would really like to start tweeking my home screen, and playing with some more advanced themes; but the amount of information out there is overwelming!

Could someone please provide a place (or two) to start researching how to root my phone, and do any other home screen custimizing. I feel like I have a hundred questions that have probably been asked a million times, and I want to avoid being "that guy". Due to the vast wealth of information about these phones all over the internet, I am struggling to find what I want. Everything so far is either WAY too advanced, or a little to basic.

Another possible place to start would be any aftermarket homescreens that may be available without the need to root the phone... Does that exist?

Sorry for the novel guys, but I figured it was better to put it all in here, than to be vague with a dozen fallowup posts saying what I really want.

Thanks in advance for any information,

Pat

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    You're in the right place. Just search this site there's tons of info on rooting! What specifically did you need to know?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Rockin Rezound!!!
    Unlocked & Rooted
    Ineffabilis Rom (Sweeeeet)
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    J313R
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    How to root stock 2.2 using unrEVOked 3.32 - Page 7 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum enjoy! read carefully before attempting and u can always find what ur lookn for with the search bar..or thru google..WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!
    "Three words can sum up what i"ve learned about life, IT GOES ON!" "Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something."
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    I guess I'm looking for a general outline of what the process looks like, and breaking down some of the terminoligy. I know that I'm no where near ready to do it, and I don't know what programs/apps I want to use. I know I will be able to find everything between searching past threads, and asking questions. I was just hoping there would be something like a database with a "Rooting 101" or "Droid rooting for dummies".

As for specific questions. Are there any apps to replace the home screen, and give me a little more customization; that can be used without rooting the phone?

Any recomendations for apps or widgets that I can download to just keep me satisfied while I'm doing my research?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Launcher pro, ADW, Go Launcher, Regina 3D, those are home replacement apps and you don't need to root. If you really want to root, do the research and learn all the terminology and then root your phone, then worry about the apps. If you have any questions about terminology just ask or PM me.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Rockin Rezound!!!
    Unlocked & Rooted
    Ineffabilis Rom (Sweeeeet)
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    Leanne_808
    Phone
    D2G DX D3 Xoom Razr Maxx SG3
    Premium Member
    welcome to the forum. they just gave u some great home launcher. I use Launcher Pro...love it. but here's a link to rooting. if u have any other questions pls ask or like it was said, search is ur friend

What you need to know about rooting:

sent from the Hawaiian D2G
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    Leanne_808
    Phone
    D2G DX D3 Xoom Razr Maxx SG3
    Premium Member
    here's more info to help u

http://www.incredibleforum.com/forum...credible-apps/