DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Calendar sync issues

  1. Junior Droid
    jdoo's Avatar
    Member #
    24834
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    Verizon Droid
    #1

    Calendar sync issues

    I'm a new Droid user.....I use Entourage for my calendar and I installed Calgoo to sync to Google calendar through ICal. I just screwed up some setting and erased all of my calendar events in all three of those programs. My calendar events are still on my Droid and I have auto sync turned off. My question is this....if I sync the Droid with my google account, will my existing events in the Droid be erased....or will they show up in Google. Thanks everyone.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Sensei
    unix.punkx's Avatar
    Member #
    3991
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Posts
    3,332
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #2
    jdoo, your calendar events with 'merge' with your Google Account online. in iCal you can also set up to sync with Google. Theres a section under 'delegations' if you would like to sync mutiple calendars on your Google account if you have them. :-)
  4. Droid Ninja
    640k's Avatar
    Member #
    565
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,124
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by unix.punkx View Post
    jdoo, your calendar events with 'merge' with your Google Account online. in iCal you can also set up to sync with Google. Theres a section under 'delegations' if you would like to sync mutiple calendars on your Google account if you have them. :-)
    while this is true, if OP initiated a delete on GMAIL's calendar, there's a large chance that they will get wiped out on the phone too. unfortunately, i don't think you can backup your calendar from your phone.

    there isn't much i can suggest at this point. check the market for apps that perform backups and give the sync a try.
  5. Junior Droid
    jdoo's Avatar
    Member #
    24834
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    Verizon Droid
    #4
    Thanks for both of your responses. Here's where I'm at today. I gave up on trying to recover my lost calendars....and I used a back up to recreate everything up until a week ago. Now I'm using BusySync to get Ical and Google and my Droid to talk nicely together. It works really well. However, the Droid has about 4 of every event on it. Is there a way to erase the calendar info on the Droid with out resetting everything?
  6. Droid Ninja
    640k's Avatar
    Member #
    565
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,124
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jdoo View Post
    Thanks for both of your responses. Here's where I'm at today. I gave up on trying to recover my lost calendars....and I used a back up to recreate everything up until a week ago. Now I'm using BusySync to get Ical and Google and my Droid to talk nicely together. It works really well. However, the Droid has about 4 of every event on it. Is there a way to erase the calendar info on the Droid with out resetting everything?
    delete it in gmail or do a reset. reset isn't as terrible as it sounds. because you sync with the cloud, you'll just have to reset your account settings and any ringtones, etc. your wallpaper, emails, appointments and apps installed will be retreived automatically.
  7. Droid Sensei
    unix.punkx's Avatar
    Member #
    3991
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Posts
    3,332
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 640k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by unix.punkx View Post
    jdoo, your calendar events with 'merge' with your Google Account online. in iCal you can also set up to sync with Google. Theres a section under 'delegations' if you would like to sync mutiple calendars on your Google account if you have them. :-)
    while this is true, if OP initiated a delete on GMAIL's calendar, there's a large chance that they will get wiped out on the phone too. unfortunately, i don't think you can backup your calendar from your phone.

    there isn't much i can suggest at this point. check the market for apps that perform backups and give the sync a try.
    Ahhh, I figured it would at least merge with your account from your phone
  8. Droid Ninja
    640k's Avatar
    Member #
    565
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,124
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by unix.punkx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 640k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by unix.punkx View Post
    jdoo, your calendar events with 'merge' with your Google Account online. in iCal you can also set up to sync with Google. Theres a section under 'delegations' if you would like to sync mutiple calendars on your Google account if you have them. :-)
    while this is true, if OP initiated a delete on GMAIL's calendar, there's a large chance that they will get wiped out on the phone too. unfortunately, i don't think you can backup your calendar from your phone.

    there isn't much i can suggest at this point. check the market for apps that perform backups and give the sync a try.
    Ahhh, I figured it would at least merge with your account from your phone
    it's a good thought, but the appointments were synced on both ends and not manually entered on the phone, the deletion statement from the online calendar would probably be reflected in his phone. hard to say how the scenario went down.
  9. Droid Sensei
    unix.punkx's Avatar
    Member #
    3991
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Posts
    3,332
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #8
    Makes sense :-)
  10. Junior Droid
    jdoo's Avatar
    Member #
    24834
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    Verizon Droid
    #9

    Resolution

    Just wanted to let all of you know that I did succeed in clearing the duplicates on my Droid calendar by doing a factory data reset. (Clearing duplicates on my Google calendar did not delete the duplicates on the Droid). I used MyBackup's free app to help in restoring my settings and my apps. It did a pretty good job. It didn't remember my email accounts. Is there a program that does that? I had to re-install some 3rd party programs because it didn't load up their icons. All is all, it went pretty well and didn't take forever to get things back. Thanks for all of your input on this.
  11. Droid Newbie
    sablogger's Avatar
    Member #
    26050
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #10
    I'm a new droid user. I have been using a motoq and keep up with my calendar by syncing in microsoft express. I cant syn calender. Also if I want to type documents with droid which app do you use. and can you use aol.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Calendar Issues
    By scientifics in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-27-2009, 08:44 PM
  2. Google Calendar and Droid sync issues?
    By kryzak in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 11:35 PM
  3. Calendar Issues
    By bdensmore in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 08:39 AM
  4. How to Sync with Y! Calendar?
    By michaelxtang in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 08:50 AM
  5. Calendar issues
    By jjprusk in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2009, 08:03 PM

Search tags for this page

aol calendar android
,
aol calendar on android
,
aol calendar on droid
,

aol calendar sync android

,
aol sync android problems calendar
,
droid calendar sync issues
,
droid incredible 2 sync with aol calendar
,

how to sync aol calendar to andriod

,
how to sync aol calendar to android
,

how to sync aol calendar with android

,
how to sync aol calendar with gmail
,
sync aol calendar android
,
sync aol calendar on android
,

sync aol calendar with android

,
sync entourage calendar with android
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+