DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Hello all

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Hello all

Hello All,

My name is Al, I live in Michigan not by choice would rather be in Texas. I have been a cell phone user since I bought my first motorola triangle looking flip phone......LOL. I have had my Droid X a few months and still trying to figure out all the stuff it can do.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    Leanne_808
    Phone
    D2G DX D3 Xoom Razr Maxx SG3
    Premium Member
    welcome to the forum! well the DX is a great device. have u rooted, done any customization yet? hope u find the community very useful to ur needs

Aloha from Hawaii...
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    X13thAngelX
    Phone
    DX/D2G
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Welcome! Make sure to look around the DX subforum, there's alot of good information in there. Make sure to do some research before you do things with you phone and don't hesitate to ask questions, someone will try to answer.

sent from a D2G with Liberty 2
    CM9 builds for D2G, D2, and DX
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    No I haven't done anything yet. Still a stock phone but would love to do some stuff. I am a little hesitant about rooting not sure wat its all about. I wouldlove some advice about some things I can do though.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto D2
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    No I haven't done anything yet. Still a stock phone but would love to do some stuff. I am a little hesitant about rooting not sure wat its all about. I wouldlove some advice about some things I can do though.
    It is good you are not cavalier about rooting as some are right off the bat--read up on the pros and cons of it, make sure you have a recovery plan or option before you hit up one of the easy-root solutions.

The great appeal to me about Android is being able to do so much customization right out of the box--if you want to take it to the next level with some additional user permissions and tweaking, just be sure you understand there are some risks. Don't be afraid to ask questions in your sub forums; we'd rather that than you brick your new Dx and have to come back later singin the blues!

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    Leanne_808
    Phone
    D2G DX D3 Xoom Razr Maxx SG3
    Premium Member
    absolutely agree. lots of ppl rush into customizing without fully reading/understanding what their can/can't do. here is a link to explain what rooting is and what it does

What you need to know about rooting:

sent from the Hawaiian D2G
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Thanks all

Links