DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Hi I'm Mammatam and I am new :)

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

Talking Hi I'm Mammatam and I am new :)

I am buying a Droid 2 this morning From a woman who used it for a month and has to sell. I am here because I am wondering what the best sd card is for these phones. I have never owned a droid of any kind b4 and don't want to waste time or money on a bad card. She (the woman I am buying from) is keeping the card that came with the phone because it has her stuff stored on there. Personally I have a micro sd card, but it is a 2 gig and I just don't know if that will suffice for my needs with the droid phone. I posted a message with this question in the accessories thread so hopefully one of you lovely people will be able to answer my question
    Anyway, I am sure I will have many other questions once I start using the phone and I am glad I found this forum!!
    I look forward to talking with someone soon!!

Mammatam AKA Tammy
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    You're correct, a 2gb card won't suffice

I'd recommend at least a 16gb card. The Class of the card determines speed... here's a quick thread I found Best SDHC card upgrade? and Upgrade SD Card in DX?
    I realize they're regarding the Droid X device but SD cards are the same across all the devices... as far as what to expect from each.

btw... Welcome to the Forums!
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    D1, X, Tbolt, DC, DB, GNex, S4
    Premium Member
    to the forum. Glad you joined us.

Now on to business. I would recommend either an 8GB or 16GB SD card. Depending on how much music and other media you plan on storing on your phone. A class 4 card will suffice just fine for basic needs as it is the same class that comes in the phone.

Just an FYI, for future reference please do not cross post the same questions across the board.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.
    New to android or just need to brush up on the basics? Abe has every thing you need Here:
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net

Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

Talking Thanks

Thanks ya'll I appreciate the help!!
    Sorry bout cross posting, I didn't mean it that way Was just including my reason for joining in my introduction

I guess I can get a card at wal-mart or should I check out a computer or cell phone store for better choices?

I will most likely take lots of pics and video, so I will need a good speed for the video to be clear and the sound to be good. At least that's what I learned with my digital camera. I figures the phone would be the same.

I hope I don't run into any problems getting it set up and activated!!! I am kinda nervous

Mammatam
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    Leanne_808
    Phone
    D2G DX D3 Xoom Razr Maxx SG3
    Premium Member
    welcome welcome welcome

Aloha from Hawaii...

Links