DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Newbs

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X named HAL 2112

Newbs

Well my name is Kyle and I am on this site to figure out what I should do. I started with verizon about 4 years ago and started with the motorola Qm9. They lured me in from sprint when the offered me the phone for nothing. I don't know if it was past its life at that point or not(Qm9), but got me to switch to verizon. Then shortly after that the blackberry storm came out, and I wanted to move to that, but was still early in my new every two contract so had to wait. Once I was able to get the storm, for free, it was out to date, and once again I was stuck in another contract. I hate the storm, my new every two isn't up until May and I can't take it anymore. So leaves me to this, I am ready to buy the droid x and worried that as soon as I do it is going to be left for dead as soon as buy it. I have heard really good things about it and it is at a price I can afford. Will this suit my needs for the next two years. Or should I wait for 2-3 months and see what is coming out, and pay the extra coin to purchase the latest and greatest. Wish me luck...

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Its all a matter of personal needs and wants for your phone. The X is a great piece of hardware but probably will be reaching its end of life very shortly. If it is a matter of not wanting to pay the new contract price I think Verizon is doing a huge promotion on their current Droid lineup.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  4. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    1034 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member
    Welcome to the forum. The Droid X is a nice phone. If your looking to get into rooting and rom's, then the X is the phone. If your looking for the latest and greatest, then wait. Good luck . . .

Swyped from a Droid
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X named HAL 2112
    Update... So last night I was in the verizon store looking at the DX and she talked me out of buying it. They are really pushing the TB, but if I am going to wait until may I was thinking about the Bionic. Now the problem with that is that it has an ecrypted bootloader so no getting into roms an rooting and stuff like that. I have never done stuff like that, and don't even own a droid yet, but I am definatly interested since joining this page. One last thing she kept saying 4G... 4G... yeah great if your area has it, but I live in the sticks and don't see us getting 4G anytime soon. I do work in the city so it would be useful during work, but don't think it would make that big of difference. Also if I bought the DX.. and then got into rooting and roms... and OC wouldn't that be just as fast as, or close, to dual processors?
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    jfhrtn
    Phone
    Droid 2
    You can still install roms (imo liberty is the best) and OC and almost anything you want to do with the X. Its a very stable device and pretty programmer friendly
    Droid 2/Liberty v2.0.1/LP+/Oc'ed 1.3gHz LV

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    Leanne_808
    Phone
    D2G DX D3 Xoom Razr Maxx SG3
    Premium Member
    welcome to the forum!!

Swype with an Aloha from Hawaii

Links