DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: What did I ever see in my BlackBerry?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X

What did I ever see in my BlackBerry?

Hi everyone. Proud owner of my new Droid for just over a week now. Tried the Eris at first but couldn't help but feel as though I was missing something. I can now say that since I returned it for a Droid, that feeling is gone! Before the Droid I had a Motorola Q9m then a BB storm(both pale in comparison to what the Droid can do). So far I've rooted my phone and loaded android 2.1 v0.0.2 and now v.0.0.41. What a great platform. My Iphone fanboy co-worker hasn't had anything to say since I bought it. Not having to hear how great his Iphone is was worth the $200 in itself. Looking forward to realize the full capabilities of this phone thanks to this forum.
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    Glad you dig it, we do too. I also got here from a blackberry. Had I known it was this cool, I likely would have had a G1 instead.. Welcome to the machine!
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Welcome, lots of former Blackberry owners around here. Hope you enjoy your time here. A few more updates and as the apps mature it will get even better.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Droid Charge
    i also had a blackberry...8330 curve. I liked it, it was a great phone, email interface was straightforward. RIM makes an excellent phone, but my droid is just frickin cool!

i tend to shy away from crap talking other smart phones, except for the iphone.
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    I traded my Storm 2 in for a Droid after having the Storm for a year. While I think the Storm 2 was nice enough, it can't quite lick the Droids boots. Welcome to the forum.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    I, too, am from BB Curve 8330... I enjoyed that phone but that stupid track ball was a bane to my existence and I got tired of hitting up amazon just to get more balls. When the primary line came due for upgrade we opted try getting both lines upgraded and really wasn't going to consider droid at all but my best bud works at verizon and kept talking about how much I would love droid vs the other options I was weighing at the time...balked and balked but I trust my friend and she knows my lust for cool tech and when I included droid in my research... yea... there was no more debate at that point LOL

I'm about a month in and STILL digging it as much as day 1
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Im coming from a LG Voyager. It was an ok phone for texting but thats where its pluses ended. Now that I have a Droid I cant imagine how I lived without ut

Links