DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Give me back my blackberry?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Pro

Give me back my blackberry?

OK I have been using my Droid Pro for a few weeks now promising myself to be patient. But, as marketing and product development guy I just don't get a few things. First, I am told "missed calls" and "voicemails" and "emails" should have some sort of indicator on the home screen that alerts me to what's there. I see - in verrry small letters a kind of rolling marquis that tells me ONCE that I have voice mail. I mean did these guys really sit down with Blackberry users and ask what it is we like and don't like? Did someone in a focus group decide to make these notifications really small and usually invisible? On the Blackberry you can see missed called, texts, emails from a mile a way. It is an unbelievably easy COMMUNICATION DEVICE. I am assuming I am doing something wrong but there is very little point and click on the Pro. It seems to take one or two extra strokes. I watched the Youtube video of the CEO guy saying this was Motorola's answer to what Blackberry lacked. This is to be a work AND play device? Does anyone here want to defend the Pro as an easy communicationg device -- - much like the Blackberry?

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmythebaker View Post
    On the Blackberry you can see missed called, texts, emails from a mile a way. It is an unbelievably easy COMMUNICATION DEVICE.
    To summarize phone options:

Anyway, from what I've seen the blackberry is the superior phone/email/text pda out of the box. With an android (I'm not familiar with your particular device but this is generally true with all running droid OS) you can load an app and configure it so that the thing works exactly the way the you want it. But if you're happy with the simple bb with no work put into it, I say why not stick with it? Besides, maybe it's the little boy in me, but being a dinosaur would be kinda cool

Links