DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xoom vs Ipad 2 (video)

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Xoom vs Ipad 2 (video)

Made a video comparing the hardware of the Ipad 2 and the xoom.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

operating system comparison

Great video review...Thank you. I can't seem to find your second video comparing the two software systems. Is it posted yet?
    I keep going back and forth between the Xoom and the Ipad2 (have changed by mind at least 6 times). I'm a huge fan of android and really want to go with the Xoom. However, I'm wondering if I should wait for the next generation in android tablets. I know the minor issues with the Xoom (i.e. lack of honeycomb apps, software bugs) will be resolved in the coming months. Right now, I'm less worried about the issues with the Ipad 2 (crappy camera, SD/HDMI adapter).
    I might just get the Ipad2 now, give it to my wife next year, and get the second generation android tablet.
  4. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1675 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Thanks...I hate to say this, but I think I'm going with the ipad 2 until future android tablets become more refined. If dropping money on it now, I want to fully enjoy it now. I'm not liking the idea of waiting for tablet-optimized apps.

That being said, I plan on sticking with my android phone (incredible) because it's way better than my old iphone.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    VZ Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by curtisboon View Post
    Thanks...I hate to say this, but I think I'm going with the ipad 2 until future android tablets become more refined. If dropping money on it now, I want to fully enjoy it now. I'm not liking the idea of waiting for tablet-optimized apps.

That being said, I plan on sticking with my android phone (incredible) because it's way better than my old iphone.
    I think you're probably better waiting a few months and see where the Xoom and other tablets will be. Apps will come, just like they did for Android phones. The iPad isn't going anywhere and isn't gonna come with the same hardware that the Xoom has. You'll never get the same functionality with an iPad that you can with a Xoom.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Premium Member
    I would hold for the second generation of Android tablets. I suspect they will be much better, if not cheaper.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Great video review...Thank you. I can't seem to find your second video comparing the two software systems. Is it posted yet? now, give it to my wife next year, and get the second generation android tablet.
    Since this is my first apple product I want to give it some more time before comparing it with Android OS

Quote Originally Posted by jkhonea View Post
    I would hold for the second generation of Android tablets. I suspect they will be much better, if not cheaper.
    Yeah I'm very excited to see how this year will turn out for Android. I feel that year 2012 we will be VERY happy and overwhelmed by all options we will have for an android tablets.
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xxraffyxx View Post
    Great video review...Thank you. I can't seem to find your second video comparing the two software systems. Is it posted yet? now, give it to my wife next year, and get the second generation android tablet.
    Since this is my first apple product I want to give it some more time before comparing it with Android OS

Quote Originally Posted by jkhonea View Post
    Yeah I'm very excited to see how this year will turn out for Android. I feel that year 2012 we will be VERY happy and overwhelmed by all options we will have for an android tablets.
    I think you're right. I don't think tablets will be going away soon. In fact, I think they are going to proliferate. They are going to set new boundaries on portable computing.

I may be wrong, but I don't think so.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    ... 4g sim card... not 4g sd card...
    My Custom boot animation here
  11. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    great review, but i never forget the fact that Apple had the first jump on the tablets plus their iOS platform doesn't differ very much between versions therefore it's more refined. I'm not an apple fan at all, but I can see why people love the OS, it's "dummy proof".

Android is making great strides with 3.0 and hopefully will make the xoom better via updates. seems the camera is a huge advantage for the ipad, but that's not a big deal to me at least.
    Last edited by dezymond; 03-22-2011 at 01:39 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links