DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Xoom over priced!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X; Xoom
    Quote Originally Posted by UNC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post

First of all, why'd you post that link? I didn't say iOS had MORE users I said they had a higher % of return customers.. meaning happy customers...

Also, building towards the future is ridiculous in the mobile tech industry. By the time you can send in your Xoom to get your LTE radio installed there will be newer, better, and cheaper tabs available...

Had they just omitted the things that don't work, then the Xoom may have released at a reasonable price.

Instead you are "future-proofing" for no reason. If you want all those features why pay such a high premium when you could just wait until a tablet releases that actually has those features working??

You buy the iPad 2 and you are not paying for anything that doesn't yet work.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App
    Hee-Hee. I didn't pay any more for my zoom than an iPad2 and it has more features, more resolution, faster processing. etc. So I guess the joke is on someone else.
    Why do you think the Xoom has a faster processor? iPad has a dualcore 1ghz processor that is made specifically for iOS...

Ah the old move the goal posts ploy. Sorry I'm not playing. Where's there iPad's Flash, usb, sdcard? Why do ipadders have to purchase every app through iTunes and give stevo a cut of the profits, why?

To get back to the thread topic. The Xoom is NOT overpriced, particularly considering the competition.
    Kenny A. Chaffin
    Art Gallery - Photo Gallery- Print Gallery - Poetry
    "Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama
  2. UNC
    Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    A855/ vPhone4

Hee-Hee. I didn't pay any more for my zoom than an iPad2 and it has more features, more resolution, faster processing. etc. So I guess the joke is on someone else.
    Why do you think the Xoom has a faster processor? iPad has a dualcore 1ghz processor that is made specifically for iOS...

Ah the old move the goal posts ploy. Sorry I'm not playing. Where's there iPad's Flash, usb, sdcard? Why do ipadders have to purchase every app through iTunes and give stevo a cut of the profits, why?

To get back to the thread topic. The Xoom is NOT overpriced, particularly considering the competition.
    Aren't the flash and sdcard slot somewhat broken on the Xoom?

Why do you need flash anyway? YouTube works on iPad.

Why doesn't the Xoom have facetime, a full movie editing suite, ladida and many other things the iPad has? For the premium you pay, you'd think it would least match those things AND add more. Not just have different features.

Back to the topic about it being overpriced... The iPad is the clear market leader and the elephant in the room that sets the pricing for the entire market. To be so much higher than the widely accepted leader is downright ridiculous.

You call me names, I call your Mom!!
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X; Xoom

Why doesn't the Xoom have facetime, a full movie editing suite, ladida and many other things the iPad has? For the premium you pay, you'd think it would least match those things AND add more. Not just have different features.

Back to the topic about it being overpriced... The iPad is the clear market leader and the elephant in the room that sets the pricing for the entire market. To be so much higher than the widely accepted leader is downright ridiculous.

Sorry but you just wrong. Flash is a primary method of delivering web content.

Tablets are not meant to be video (or audio or music) creation/editing workstations I don't know why anyone would even consider it. Dumb idea.

As far as market leader. Things have just changed. Android is the leader and the Xoom has more and better features than your so-claimed market leader which is held together with glue and double stick tape.
    Kenny A. Chaffin
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Tablets are not meant to be video (or audio or music) creation/editing workstations I don't know why anyone would even consider it. Dumb idea.

As far as market leader. Things have just changed. Android is the leader and the Xoom has more and better features than your so-claimed market leader which is held together with glue and double stick tape.
    Flash used to be, but not anymore. The fact that Adobe has a Flash to HTML5 dev kit should tell you Flash days are numbered. Flash is old school. It's power consumption and bloatware does not work well with mobile devices. Apple made the right move banning Flash from iOS.
  5. UNC
    Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    A855/ vPhone4

Android is not the leader... I will bet you anything that iPad2 sells more in month one than the Xoom will total.

I am willing to bet the iPad2 outsells all other tablets combined this year...

It's funny that you say tablets aren't for editing and blah blah blah. But then you talk about flash delivering content... All the content flash delivers is either superfluous, able to be delivered via other methods (HTML5), or is just childish. (Slap Obama, win an iPad!!) Lol.

So watching flash crap is important, but actually creating web content is dumb. Ok, I get it. It's only dumb if you can't do it...

6. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Just pulled the trigger and ordered my Xoom Wifi on Amazon

little pricey, and I was always against tablets, but considering how much time I listen to music and watch video it makes sense to me.

Great roadtrip companion too
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X; Xoom

Android is not the leader... I will bet you anything that iPad2 sells more in month one than the Xoom will total.

It's funny that you say tablets aren't for editing and blah blah blah. But then you talk about flash delivering content... All the content flash delivers is either superfluous, able to be delivered via other methods (HTML5), or is just childish. (Slap Obama, win an iPad!!) Lol.

So watching flash crap is important, but actually creating web content is dumb. Ok, I get it. It's only dumb if you can't do it...

Sorry but you clearly DON'T get it.

Let's check back next spring and see where the market is.. particularly since Android is already in the lead.

I'll say it once more-Xoom is certainly not overpriced given its market leading specs!
    Kenny A. Chaffin
  8. UNC
    Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    A855/ vPhone4

Sorry but you clearly DON'T get it.

Let's check back next spring and see where the market is.. particularly since Android is already in the lead.

I'll say it once more-Xoom is certainly not overpriced given its market leading specs!
    Android is not in the lead by any stretch... I don't know where you got that misinformation. iPad outsold every tablet combined last year... Meaning more iOS tablets than Android, and since the Xoom is the only tablet with Honeycomb... NVM......
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X; Xoom
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    Just pulled the trigger and ordered my Xoom Wifi on Amazon

little pricey, and I was always against tablets, but considering how much time I listen to music and watch video it makes sense to me.

Great roadtrip companion too
    Congrats.

Kenny A. Chaffin
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X; Xoom

Android is not in the lead by any stretch... I don't know where you got that misinformation. iPad outsold every tablet combined last year... Meaning more iOS tablets than Android, and since the Xoom is the only tablet with Honeycomb... NVM......
    Unfortunately you don't even know the difference in an operating system and a device. Ah well...
    Kenny A. Chaffin
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Links