DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 258

Thread: Ipad 2 just killed the Xoom

  1. UNC
    UNC is offline
    Droid Ninja
    UNC's Avatar
    Member #
    26618
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fayettenam,NC
    Posts
    1,359
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    A855/ vPhone4
    I guess noone wants to give credit to Apple for releasing a dual-core product that actually has the os to utilize dual-cores...

    Also, someone pointed out the resolution... literally EVERYTIME I say "the iPhone 4 still has the best resolution screen" every fandroid says "resolution doesn't matter, human eyes can't notice the difference"... now that the Xoom has a higher res screen than the iPad2 it becomes "ZOMGS DA ANDROYDS REZ IZ CRZY GOOD! APPLEZ SUXORS!!!"

    The iPad2 is the biggest win Apple has had since.... well since their last major release, the iPhone 4. It will not only be the number 1 tablet this year, it will gut Xoom sales with just it's announcement.
    You call me names, I call your Mom!!
  2. Senior Droid
    kennyc's Avatar
    Member #
    112049
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    230
    Phone
    Droid X; Xoom
    Kenny A. Chaffin
    Art Gallery - Photo Gallery- Print Gallery - Poetry
    "Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama
  3. Droid Sensei
    czerdrill's Avatar
    Member #
    22335
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,850
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    Quote Originally Posted by UNC View Post
    I guess noone wants to give credit to Apple for releasing a dual-core product that actually has the os to utilize dual-cores...

    Also, someone pointed out the resolution... literally EVERYTIME I say "the iPhone 4 still has the best resolution screen" every fandroid says "resolution doesn't matter, human eyes can't notice the difference"... now that the Xoom has a higher res screen than the iPad2 it becomes "ZOMGS DA ANDROYDS REZ IZ CRZY GOOD! APPLEZ SUXORS!!!"

    The iPad2 is the biggest win Apple has had since.... well since their last major release, the iPhone 4. It will not only be the number 1 tablet this year, it will gut Xoom sales with just it's announcement.
    The sales numbers wont lie, and they never have. We already know courtesy of Dan Mead, that the vPhone had the most successful phone launch in history, and it's pretty obvious (to everyone but fandroids) that the iPad2 is going to outsell every other android tablet probably combined.

    I do agree that it's funny that suddenly the resolution is being bought up as a selling point, when just weeks ago retina display and resolution were just "marketing ploys, and no one can notice the difference..."

    There's nothing wrong with loving android (i do) but downplaying apple's contributions are silly. And silliness runs amok here...
    Google Interview Q&A

    Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  4. Droid Sensei
    jroc's Avatar
    Member #
    56815
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    3,855
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Right, I guess no one remembers how iFans downplayed resolution on other phones before the iPhone 4...

    A few Win Mo and Android phones had higher res than iPhones before the iPhone 4.

    So please...

    And about outselling, yea it will. Every iDevice sold has out sold since its been released. Guess what? Android must be doing something right compared to other mobile OS's cuz ppl are still getting Android phones.

    iDevices selling like mad hasnt killed Android's growth.
    Last edited by jroc; 03-03-2011 at 09:35 AM.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

    MLK, Jr.
  5. Super Moderator
    jkhonea's Avatar
    Member #
    29506
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    3,077
    Liked
    87 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsclark View Post
    I pad will always fail do to the retarded market, all the apps worth having cost money, and all the free ones are crap. I have owned an I pad, and the way apple operates with the hand picked apps, helps and hurts users, helps because they are more stable with there devices, hurts because all the good ones are censored.
    How many good map apps are for I pad 1 or 2 and they are not free, free ones suck. I have tried them, music and movies is OK. But prodctivity and is pathetic, And certainly not free.



    Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App
    Spell check, it's your friend.

    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jkhonea View Post
    The Macs and Apple usually uses outdated components and processors?!? Just...wow. Some of y'all are truly amazing.
    It's funny isn't it? It's like they drink the cool aid and believe every word..
    Tell me about it. But we're the blind fanboys. Right.

    Quote Originally Posted by nerdslogic View Post
    lol....ok Hook....you have found my weakness....what is your debate? I wasn't lying....our prices have been and most likely always will be twice as high if you have a MAC.

    I don't know why.....I HATE talking MAC vs PC....but I simply can't avoid it....even if I say I am going to avoid it I still engage. It's horrible.
    Try harder.
    Last edited by New2u; 03-04-2011 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Merged Posts.
  6. Droid Sensei
    czerdrill's Avatar
    Member #
    22335
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,850
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Right, I guess no one remembers how iFans downplayed resolution on other phones before the iPhone 4...

    A few Win Mo and Android phones had higher res than iPhones before the iPhone 4.

    So please...
    I can't speak for UNC, but my point was that it's silly to tout a feature for one, and downplay the same feature for the other. It doesn't matter if you can notice a difference or not. If iFans did that, they're just as silly as the fandroids who do it.

    We have people screaming "dual cores!!!!" on the 4g phones but now that Apple has a dual core, not one mention about the processor is given by a fandroid. Rather we're focusing on the XOOM's resolution, the same thing that people were saying doesn't matter as far as iPhone vs Droid phones.

    I like having fair discussions, not ones where you pick and choose what makes your phone "better" than the other.
    Google Interview Q&A

    Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  7. Super Moderator
    jkhonea's Avatar
    Member #
    29506
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    3,077
    Liked
    87 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Right, I guess no one remembers how iFans downplayed resolution on other phones before the iPhone 4...

    A few Win Mo and Android phones had higher res than iPhones before the iPhone 4.

    So please...

    And about outselling, yea it will. Every iDevice sold has out sold since its been released. Guess what? Android must be doing something right. compared to other mobile OS's cuz ppl are still getting Android phones.

    iDevices selling like mad hasnt killed Android's growth.
    Is it possible to make a remark about the devices themselves and not derogatory remarks about the users? This is getting very annoying with all of the posts.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Darkseider's Avatar
    Member #
    46256
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,869
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by patfactorx View Post
    Dual core tablet, lighter, thinner and a LOT cheaper. I think iPad 2 just demolished Xoom sales for the rest of the year
    Wow, really? It's $499 for a wi-fi only 16 GB iPad2 the Xoom is $599 on contract. If you get the 16GB 3G model + HDMI dongle which the Xoom has built in the cost of the iPad2 is $629 + $39 for the HDMI dongle which comes out to $668. So um... no.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

    LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

    It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  9. Droid Sensei
    jroc's Avatar
    Member #
    56815
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    3,855
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by czerdrill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UNC View Post
    I guess noone wants to give credit to Apple for releasing a dual-core product that actually has the os to utilize dual-cores...

    Also, someone pointed out the resolution... literally EVERYTIME I say "the iPhone 4 still has the best resolution screen" every fandroid says "resolution doesn't matter, human eyes can't notice the difference"... now that the Xoom has a higher res screen than the iPad2 it becomes "ZOMGS DA ANDROYDS REZ IZ CRZY GOOD! APPLEZ SUXORS!!!"

    The iPad2 is the biggest win Apple has had since.... well since their last major release, the iPhone 4. It will not only be the number 1 tablet this year, it will gut Xoom sales with just it's announcement.
    The sales numbers wont lie, and they never have. We already know courtesy of Dan Mead, that the vPhone had the most successful phone launch in history, and it's pretty obvious (to everyone but fandroids) that the iPad2 is going to outsell every other android tablet probably combined.

    I do agree that it's funny that suddenly the resolution is being bought up as a selling point, when just weeks ago retina display and resolution were just "marketing ploys, and no one can notice the difference..."

    There's nothing wrong with loving android (i do) but downplaying apple's contributions are silly. And silliness runs amok here...

    Quote Originally Posted by jkhonea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Right, I guess no one remembers how iFans downplayed resolution on other phones before the iPhone 4...

    A few Win Mo and Android phones had higher res than iPhones before the iPhone 4.

    So please...

    And about outselling, yea it will. Every iDevice sold has out sold since its been released. Guess what? Android must be doing something right. compared to other mobile OS's cuz ppl are still getting Android phones.

    iDevices selling like mad hasnt killed Android's growth.
    Is it possible to make a remark about the devices themselves and not derogatory remarks about the users? This is getting very annoying with all of the posts.

    And others saying fandroid is fine? Alrighty then...

    Here is a lil hint: an iFan is not the same as an iPhone, iPad user.

    There is a difference.

    Same for Android user and fandroid....

    And in my book, an iFan and fandroid is the LEAST derogatory thing one can use to describe ppl that are fanatics for each side... really its the most correct terms. A fan of each product.
    Last edited by jroc; 03-03-2011 at 09:49 AM.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

    MLK, Jr.
  10. Master Droid
    Big Lou's Avatar
    Member #
    11434
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    739
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    After owning an iPad and playing with a Xoom at the Verizon Store, I can honestly say the first-gen iPad is better. Adding the improvements on the iPad 2 makes it the clear winner in my book.


    Reddit: TheRealBigLou
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. External DVD drive on the xoom xoom?
    By supremekizzle in forum Motorola Xoom
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-28-2012, 02:53 PM
  2. Comparison Chart: Motorola XOOM vs. iPad
    By Preach2k in forum Android News
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 03-02-2011, 04:09 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 09:46 PM

Search tags for this page

can you print from xoom

,
how to print from xoom
,

ipad 2 forum

,

ipad 2 forums

,
ipad 2 is overrated
,
ipad 2 or droid
,
ipad 2 overrated
,

ipad2 forum

,

ipad2 forums

,
print from xoom tablet
,
printing from xoom tablet
,
xoom return policy
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+