Turns out mine may have a problem. If I wiggle the connection, it charges. Very.sensitive and a crappy charging concept.
Looks like you guyas figured it out.. The light is now for when it is off. But when the device is on, you have the indicator on the screen, so I cant see why there is a need to update it.
My xoom charging LED indicator always shows white, even it is 100℅ charged. No green light.
I went to best buy to replace my unit but three other unit I tested are same. Always white no green even it is fully charged.
I returned it to Best Buy and I got new unit from Verizon. THIS NEW XOOM DOES SAME THING. Charging indicate shows white even when it is fully charged. Am I really unlucky guy or do you guys have same problem?
Here is motorola support response
Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I’ve reviewed your e-mail and I’m ready to help.
We are always gathering input from owners from calls, e-mails, the Web and other sources. I can't say for sure if this is known or common, but it will certainly be passed on. We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and want to assure you that Motorola does value your feedback We open a record for all consumer contacts which are then routed to the proper department for any further research.
We hope that you find this information useful and look forward to assisting you in the future.
For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at Motorola Home - Motorola USA
Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.
Last edited by edwood666; 03-01-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Mine wasn't working either until I read above that the unit has to be off. Not just asleep. Now it works. The unit does not charge through USB due to the 12 volt power requirements of the larger unit. USB only provides 5 volts. I wish they has chosen a better charging plug though, but that's for another thread.
All, the proper function
- There is a misprint in the manual on how it should work and the original post I posted to this thread is wrong, here is the proper function
1. Xoom does not charge through uUSB port at all under any circumstances and you should not plug in a charger to that port.
2. When Xoom is powered off (Not in sleep mode but completely off) and the battery is charging, the charging indicator lights white until 100%, and turns green when it is 100% charged. There is no Red light as previously indicated. The manual is incorrect. The proper function has been updated on their Web Site https://motorola-global-portal.custh...stant/g_id/368
3. When powered on the battery meter in the lower right is the indicator that shows it charging.
4. I believe also if powered up on the charger and the phone is locked that the display has a % of charge indicated.
Hope this helps