DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Location based Smart Actions not working

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Location based Smart Actions not working

Up until recently, Smart Actions related to Home and Work functioned properly. A few weeks ago I had to do a factory reset and have been reconfiguring various apps. Now I can create a Home action but it refuses to activate based on the location. At best guess it appears to fail at geocoding my location--"my location" works well enough but then it fails to find an address. I had typed in the address at some point but it seems that the phone can't find coordinates. I had been enjoying the capabilities of Smart Actions previously, particularly with actions like "meeting" but now I'm very frustrated with it.

And, yes, I was working on this at home yesterday and definitely had WiFi running.

Phone is a Droid Maxx running latest OS version.

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jefffrane View Post
    Up until recently, Smart Actions related to Home and Work functioned properly. A few weeks ago I had to do a factory reset and have been reconfiguring various apps. Now I can create a Home action but it refuses to activate based on the location. At best guess it appears to fail at geocoding my location--"my location" works well enough but then it fails to find an address. I had typed in the address at some point but it seems that the phone can't find coordinates. I had been enjoying the capabilities of Smart Actions previously, particularly with actions like "meeting" but now I'm very frustrated with it.

And, yes, I was working on this at home yesterday and definitely had WiFi running.

Phone is a Droid Maxx running latest OS version.
    What i had to do was uninstall the updates for smart actions. That is what i had to do to get mine to work again.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX HD
    I'm having the same issue. I recently bought the RAZR MAXX HD and my location services can't determine where I live. I have WiFi enabled, and Google Maps can find me, address included, but the location services within Smart Actions can't! It pinpoints my exact location but doesn't recognize my address even when I manually enter it. Then it won't even allow me to use the longitude/latitude coordinates of my location when standing in my living room, but it certainly has them identified under recent places. This is truly unfortunate because this would be a great smart action to setup but the application is...erm....insipid....hardly smart.

Having said that, any smart actions I have setup not based on location work like a charm (i.e. when connected to auto's bluetooth or the gym smart action).
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoManRandySavage View Post
    I'm having the same issue. I recently bought the RAZR MAXX HD and my location services can't determine where I live. I have WiFi enabled, and Google Maps can find me, address included, but the location services within Smart Actions can't! It pinpoints my exact location but doesn't recognize my address even when I manually enter it. Then it won't even allow me to use the longitude/latitude coordinates of my location when standing in my living room, but it certainly has them identified under recent places. This is truly unfortunate because this would be a great smart action to setup but the application is...erm....insipid....hardly smart.

Having said that, any smart actions I have setup not based on location work like a charm (i.e. when connected to auto's bluetooth or the gym smart action).
    I'm also having the same issue and would love to have it resolved!
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    I am also having the same problem and it is quite frustrating. If I kept a semi-regular schedule this would not be an issue because I'd set everything to trigger based on times but for this to work for me it really needs to trigger based on locations. Very frustrated!!
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    This is happening to me on my Droid Razr Maxx HD and it is VERY annoying. Anyone know of any fix for it?
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX HD
    This is oddly enough working for me now. The only thing that has happened was that I installed that latest Android Security patch for the RAZR MAXX HD. Home Location/address is recognized now within Smart Actions.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    Mine also started working next day on its own before the security patch.. I had to reset my phone once to fix another issue and the locations stopped working again... then started working 2 days later.. It seems like it takes a day or 2 to kick in.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr M
    I just got my Razr M yesterday and I'm having the same issue with Smart Actions. I have no updates for it, so I can't try that fix. Any other ideas?

Thanks!
    Droid Razr M, currently stock and rooted

Check me out on Google+!
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    Just got my Droid 4. I have the same problem. At home it knows where I am. At work it thinks I'm in the atlantic ocean off the west coast of Africa. Google Maps knows where I am.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links