DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Notification Volume Action with ICS Update for Smart Actions

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr

Notification Volume Action with ICS Update for Smart Actions

I found on another thread that volume control for ringer / notifications are separated with the ICS update. However, in the smart actions, I do not see a separate action for the notification volume. This explains why ever since the ICS update my notifications are LOUD and made me think my smart actions don't work ...

Is there a "fix" for this? My phone calls are turned down but how do I lower my notifications now? Thanks.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    RAZR-DX-Dinc-Rezound-NOTE 3
    If you go to setting>sounds>Volumes - you can make adjustments to your notifications ringtone.

Welcome to the Forum!
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr
    Thank you for your quick response. However, I know how to "manually" adjust the volume, but I am trying to make the smart actions work.

I have the smart actions set for while I am at work and while I am sleeping. Ever since the ICS update, I now have loud notifications while I am at work, and for example, my mail / FB alerts go off after I have gone to bed. Before, those were turned down automatically by the smart actions.

Will the smart actions be updated to add another action option for a separate notification volume, or am is there already a way to do this that I am missing?
  4. Motorola Expert
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Razr
    Motorola Expert
    Premium Member
    Smart Actions currently does not support notification volume. This is by far the most requested feature. Our team is aware of the need to add this control.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Smart_Actions View Post
    Smart Actions currently does not support notification volume. This is by far the most requested feature. Our team is aware of the need to add this control.
    So what is the holdup? Maybe you can get your friends to link it with the ringer volume like any intelligent person would want it.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    +1 for Notification smart actions. I would like the ability to set my notification tone at a different volume or the same volume as my ringtone at any give time. For example I like my ringtone to be low at night while my notifications are silent, but different profiles for day and work. Having a smart action to control each of our sounds would be fabulous. I noticed above that the team is aware of this and working on it. Is there any estimate of when we could get an update?

So what is the holdup? Maybe you can get your friends to link it with the ringer volume like any intelligent person would want it.
    I actually disagree I like the option to have my ringer volume and notification volume unlinked. However, I would like the option we used to have of checking a box and linking or unlinking the two volumes as we saw fit. I do think having a smart action for each will solve the problem for most of us.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid4
    Seach the play store/market for Llama. I discovered it through another thread here about this topic and llama suits my needs (and works) a LOT better than smart actions ever dreamed to. So i've stopped using smart actions now. In fact, now that i'm on ics, i've replaced or disabled almost every stock app because the gb versions were good, but ics sucks - dialer, sms/mms app, launcher, you name it. Can't wait for a custom rom for d4 ics... maybe even cm10
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Smart_Actions View Post
    I would also really like the "Sleep Rule" and "Work Rule" to kill default notification sounds, or maybe change the default to Silent. I am noticing it has been 4 months since this need was acknowledged as being highly desirable, will it be much longer?
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @epiphone_74
    Phone
    Droid Razr 4.0.4 leaked .215.
    I have smart actions set to silent at night "sleep" is what i call it one for week and another for "Sleep weekends"... Using time as trigger and silent.. no notifications come on that Im aware of go off over night.. Usually have 4 to 6 emails over night.

Instead of having ringer turned down put to straight silent. Use VIP caller id for emergency calls from a few choice contacts..

Hope this helps lemme know if you have any other ? there is a thread here for favorite smart actions setups.. started by yours truly..

Like if it works for you
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx
    Hi, I see this problem was reported half a year ago. Any progress on that?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links