DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Smart Actions is disappointing.

  1. Droid
    Rogus's Avatar
    Member #
    258825
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    68
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #1

    Smart Actions is disappointing.

    Smart actions on my MAXX is a great concept but very disappointing for me.

    I have one set up with multiple locations to silence the ringer when I arrive at one of the locations. I can be miles from any of those locations and the action is triggered.

    I have another set up for sleep that turns off all data services for the night, yet at 3:45 am every night I get a notification that I have email. Why is it checking email at that time when data service is supposed to be turned off? Donít know why itís that particular time every night. I have nothing set to happen at that time.

    On that same sleep action, I have it set to turn off Bluetooth which it does correctly, but when it deactivates at the programed time, it does not turn the Bluetooth back on. I have to manually toggle Bluetooth on every morning.

    Perhaps I donít understand how Smart Actions is supposed to work and can use some advice, but these problems seem to indicate that the program is not what it should be. If youíre considering getting the phone because of Smart Actions, you might want to know about these issues Iím having.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    StormyHeather's Avatar
    Member #
    96842
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Metro Atlanta
    Posts
    152
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    ONJFANGA
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    #2
    I'm not as thrilled with the Smart Actions, either. I find that it is too restricted as to the actions that you can restrict or allow. It doesn't allow for the screen to stay on all the time, but for limited times when docked. I also stopped the sync actions during Sleep so that it won't DROID everytime it checks for email. I don't need to hear DROID at 3:45 a.m. to know that I've got mail.
    - StormyHeather





    ______________________
    Chaos, panic and disorder -- my work here is finally done.
  4. Master Droid
    xxwabbit's Avatar
    Member #
    26774
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    358
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    #3
    Have you tried using this thread as well?

    Motorola Smart Actions Developer Team
  5. Droid
    Rogus's Avatar
    Member #
    258825
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    68
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by xxwabbit View Post
    Have you tried using this thread as well?

    Motorola Smart Actions Developer Team
    I had run across that thread a while back and forgotten where I saw it. Thanks for the reminder. However, there's not a lot of info on that thread. I probably should've posted my messages there. I know some forums frown on posting the same message in different threads. So I hesitate to post the same message again even if it's more appropriate to be there. Can a moderator move my comment to there as I can't find a way to delete and start over in the Smart Actions thread?
  6. Master Droid
    Trash Can's Avatar
    Member #
    81608
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    349
    Liked
    85 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #5
    You might have some conflicts within your Smart Actions. Check the Help Section (menu> help). Lots of good info there.
  7. Super Moderator
    jntdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    6110
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    6,438
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    #6
    moved to Smart Actions section

    make sure to check out the guidelines

    Also, Smart Actions does have some limitations. As you noted, if you have a trigger to turn off Bluetooth for a timeframe, it can't turn it back on. You'll have to set a second trigger to turn it on when you want it.

    I'm not sure what the issue is with your locations - that seems like it's not working right.

    I'm hopeful Smart Actions will continue to update and develop into an even more robust system with more functionality...
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

    Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  8. Junior Droid
    SLAYER6669's Avatar
    Member #
    29438
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    22
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogus View Post
    Smart actions on my MAXX is a great concept but very disappointing for me.

    I have one set up with multiple locations to silence the ringer when I arrive at one of the locations. I can be miles from any of those locations and the action is triggered.

    I have another set up for sleep that turns off all data services for the night, yet at 3:45 am every night I get a notification that I have email. Why is it checking email at that time when data service is supposed to be turned off? Don’t know why it’s that particular time every night. I have nothing set to happen at that time.

    On that same sleep action, I have it set to turn off Bluetooth which it does correctly, but when it deactivates at the programed time, it does not turn the Bluetooth back on. I have to manually toggle Bluetooth on every morning.

    Perhaps I don’t understand how Smart Actions is supposed to work and can use some advice, but these problems seem to indicate that the program is not what it should be. If you’re considering getting the phone because of Smart Actions, you might want to know about these issues I’m having.
    Did you set up the sleep trigger to turn off the "Background Sync" as an action? That would stop the email from syncing.. The location triggers use WIFI to determine location which tends to be a fairly wide range of distance from the actual location in my experience but I don't know about being "miles" away.. Usually kicks on for me within a mile or less but I can't say for sure..

    I have Bluetooth toggled ON with no smart actions active, then I have a Home smart action triggered by connection to my home WIFI which shuts off bluetooth. Once I leave the house and it disconnects from my wifi, it usually reverts back to being on and then I turn on my car and it connects to bluetooth which triggers my Car smart action. Occasionally I will get in the car and it never connects and then I check and find bluetooth off because it never reversed the state of bluetooth after the smart action was deactivated. Seems like there is some glitch that causes it not to kick back on at times.

    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    moved to Smart Actions section

    make sure to check out the guidelines

    Also, Smart Actions does have some limitations. As you noted, if you have a trigger to turn off Bluetooth for a timeframe, it can't turn it back on. You'll have to set a second trigger to turn it on when you want it.

    I'm not sure what the issue is with your locations - that seems like it's not working right.

    I'm hopeful Smart Actions will continue to update and develop into an even more robust system with more functionality...
    If bluetooth is toggled ON when there are no smart actions active, and then a smart action is triggered with an action to turn it off, once that smart action is deactivated, then it should revert back to bluetooth being on again (same state bluetooth was in prior to the smart action being triggered).
    Last edited by SLAYER6669; 04-16-2012 at 05:23 PM.
  9. Droid
    Rogus's Avatar
    Member #
    258825
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    68
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SLAYER6669 View Post
    Did you set up the sleep trigger to turn off the "Background Sync" as an action? That would stop the email from syncing.. The location triggers use WIFI to determine location which tends to be a fairly wide range of distance from the actual location in my experience but I don't know about being "miles" away.. Usually kicks on for me within a mile or less but I can't say for sure..

    I have had issues with bluetooth not turning itself back on after a smart action profile is deactivated myself. I have it toggled ON with no smart actions active.



    If bluetooth is toggled ON when there are no smart actions active, and then a smart action is triggered with an action to turn it off, once that smart action is deactivated, then it should revert back to bluetooth being on again (same state bluetooth was in prior to the smart action being triggered).
    Yes, the actions set up for the sleep trigger are Ringer Volume silent, VIP Caller Mode, Cellular Data disable, GPS off, Bluetooth off, and Background Sync off. With these settings I get an email notifciation at 3:45 am every night that I have email. I think somebody else mentioned getting an email notifcations at that same time 3:45 AM. If so, then I know it's a Smart Action issue and not specific to me. Though I haven't seen it mentioend by anybody else.

    RE: the Bluetooth. Somebody else on this thread said that Smart Actions will not turn back on Bluetooth after deactivating it. I agree it should do so, but that's not what's happening according to my experience and the other comment. Smart actions turns on everything else. Why not Bluetooth?

    I only have two Smart Actions set up. They don't conflict with each other.

    The location trigger went off last night related to a location that was at least 60 miles away. It works well enough when I'm truly at the locations set, but it does keep sometimes get triggered when I'm miles away from one of them.
  10. Junior Droid
    SLAYER6669's Avatar
    Member #
    29438
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    22
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogus View Post
    Yes, the actions set up for the sleep trigger are Ringer Volume silent, VIP Caller Mode, Cellular Data disable, GPS off, Bluetooth off, and Background Sync off. With these settings I get an email notifciation at 3:45 am every night that I have email. I think somebody else mentioned getting an email notifcations at that same time 3:45 AM. If so, then I know it's a Smart Action issue and not specific to me. Though I haven't seen it mentioend by anybody else.

    RE: the Bluetooth. Somebody else on this thread said that Smart Actions will not turn back on Bluetooth after deactivating it. I agree it should do so, but that's not what's happening according to my experience and the other comment. Smart actions turns on everything else. Why not Bluetooth?

    I only have two Smart Actions set up. They don't conflict with each other.

    The location trigger went off last night related to a location that was at least 60 miles away. It works well enough when I'm truly at the locations set, but it does keep sometimes get triggered when I'm miles away from one of them.
    Some strange issues going on there. I can't really comment on the email issue any further since I don't have anything set to sync automatically within each app. I check stuff manually when I want to so I don't get those types of notifications at all. I figured you possibly just had the Cellular Data disabled and not the Background Sync (was worth a shot!)

    My Bluetooth is almost always reverted to being on again after I disconnect from my WIFI and my Home Smart action is disabled.
  11. Motorola Expert
    Smart_Actions's Avatar
    Member #
    253911
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    57
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Razr
    Motorola Expert
    Premium Member
    #10
    Hi Rogus,
    Your Smart Actions sounds messed up. Here are some suggestions to fix, I've posted this on other threads with good success.

    First check to see if your on the latest version*2.1.2.0.

    Fix your locations - try deleting then recapturing again. Go to Smart Actions homescreen > menu > my profile > locations. Press + hold select delete. I recommend testing with one location first, if that works use the same approach for all your other locations.

    Fix your rule - try deleting the rule, recreate it, then test.

    If that doesn't fix your issues, you can always clear the cache, but this is much more aggressive and you will lose your custom rules.*
    "Clear Data" by going to Settings>Applications>Manage applications and tap on the SmartActions app.*

    I have never heard about the 3:45am issue before. This is something I will investigate.

    If you're still having problems just let me know, I have these issues written down and will bring back to the team.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Help me with my smart actions
    By My2julz in forum Motorola Smart Actions Developer Team
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 04:41 PM
  2. Tip for Smart Actions
    By senker in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-22-2011, 09:04 AM
  3. Smart Actions: How Do I?
    By Agrajag in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 07:56 PM
  4. Smart Actions
    By pbuono in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2011, 03:41 PM
  5. Smart Actions
    By rherron in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-11-2011, 05:28 PM

Search tags for this page

como remover smart actions

,

does smart actions work

,
how to turn off smart actions
,
motorola smart actions not working
,
smart action profiles
,

smart actions don't work

,
smartaction ringtone doesn't work
,
smartactions unfortunately, smartactions has stopped
,
timeframe is used in smartaction cannot delete
,

unfortunately smart actions has stopped

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+