DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horrible CPU Usage for Smart Actions Drains Battery

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid razr
    Quote Originally Posted by Smart_Actions View Post
    Hi Panik,
    Smart Actions shouldn't be eating up all that battery life, but we still want to check. What build are you using? goto smart actions home > menu > about. So, it was he sleep and low battery rules you were running at the time? I have captured your comments and will bring back to the team for testing. I appreciate the comment regarding Smart Actions offering you a suggestion, this is good detail and a place to start testing from.

Everyone else,
    I can't do a full diagnostics on this forum, so if anyone wants us to investigate your case go to my forum on the Motorola site. https://forums.motorola.com/hives/fd31b6b114/summary
    Running Smart Actions Version 2.1.2.0

I don't remember exactly what smart actions I used from the recommendations. I used two. One was related to when power is below 25%, and the other was related to changing ring tone at night.

After the phone rebooted, I disabled both smart actions and shut everything I could down related to smart actions (such as "Suggestion notifications"). Battery life appears to be back to normal. I am not using any smart actions. I think they are a good idea, but have not tried again.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx
    I had the same problems. Smart Actions was pegging my CPU at over 80%! My Razr Maxx was running at over 100 degrees and dying after 6 hours. I hit 'Clear cache' on Smart Actions and that didn't help. I then tried 'Clear data' and everything cooled down. Today I've been on battery for 12 hours and I'm still at 40%. I'm running Smart Actions 2.1.2.0.

I'll try turning on some of my rules back on tomorrow (they are still there, so I guess 'Clear data' doesn't really clear the data!) and see what happens...
    Last edited by jpwptc; 05-23-2012 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Added version
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by jpwptc View Post
    I had the same problems. Smart Actions was pegging my CPU at over 80%! My Razr Maxx was running at over 100 degrees and dying after 6 hours. I hit 'Clear cache' on Smart Actions and that didn't help. I then tried 'Clear data' and everything cooled down. Today I've been on battery for 12 hours and I'm still at 40%. I'm running Smart Actions 2.1.2.0.

I'll try turning on some of my rules back on tomorrow (they are still there, so I guess 'Clear data' doesn't really clear the data!) and see what happens...
    Mine does the same thing. Smart Actions doesn't do it all the time, but every once in a while (like every 2 weeks or so) it bites me. The first time I had a problem with Smart Actions, it was in a night time profile while I was sleeping, and plugged into the charger. When I woke up in the morning, the phone was hot to the touch and had less than 10% battery life (PLUGGED IN!). At that point, I stopped using Smart Actions, realizing it was poorly written and harmful to my phone battery's health. I have been using Tasker (MUCH better, IMHO) for 1.5 months, and still get Smart Actions using > 50% of battery life every once in a while, as mentioned above. I have just been rebooting my phone when that happens, as killing the app with the Droid Razr Task Manager doesn't seem to be effective.

I am running 2.1.2.0. A friend just suggested uninstalling the update to revert SA back to 2.0.70. That seems like a valid suggestion, as I do not recall SA exhibiting any of this behavior prior to the update. I will keep you posted. I look forward to the long-awaited ICS upgrade, so I can prevent the app from ever running.

Cheers,
    Paul
  4. Motorola Expert
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Razr
    Motorola Expert
    Premium Member
    Hi All,
    It appears there is a issue with cell tower ID's causing Smart Actions to behave poorly. So... you guys were right, I really appreciate all your feedback to help find this odd bug. We have a fix and will update in an upcoming release. I don't have a specific date, but we are working hard to get it wrapped up as quickly as possible.
  5. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Thanks for the update!
  6. Motorola Expert
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Razr
    Motorola Expert
    Premium Member
    Hi All,
    Just want everyone to know there's a SMARTACTIONS update that specifically address' this topic. The update can be found here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...artrules&hl=en

We believe this issue is fixed. The SMARTACTIONS team strives for high quality high value software. This was an especially tricky defect to root cause, If you're still seeing continued CPU issues please comment. Here's the link to our team forum: http://www.motorola.com/forums/smartactions
    Last edited by Smart_Actions; 06-29-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links