DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Smart Actions Enhancement Requests

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Maybe checking the contents of the appointment. If there is an appointment on the calendar, and it contains "business" activate.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 4

3G/LTE auto switch

Droid 4 user here...

Lately I have been keeping my phone in 3G only mode since the battery drains so fast on 4G.

However, when i'm using the car dock I would like to have 4G turn on (so streaming would be faster, etc.).

How about a smart action that automatically turns on the 4G radio when docked or plugged in??

Or are there any other options available?? I have a 4G switch app but they are a PITA and I can't find one that does it in one simple step.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    I for one would like having a priority setting in Smart Actions. For example, if there were two active smart actions with conflicting actions, you could set which one takes precedence over the other.
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    D1, X, Tbolt, DC, DB, GNex, S4
    Premium Member
    First I would like to have an app be a trigger. For example I usually keep my phones on minimal brightness but when I watch Netflix I always have to go in to setting Nd manually adjust the brightness. I would like to set Netflix as a trigger that turns the brightness up when I start to app. Not sure if that is possible.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    New to android or just need to brush up on the basics? Abe has every thing you need Here:
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net

Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by warrenglen View Post
    Droid 4 user here...

Lately I have been keeping my phone in 3G only mode since the battery drains so fast on 4G.

However, when i'm using the car dock I would like to have 4G turn on (so streaming would be faster, etc.).

How about a smart action that automatically turns on the 4G radio when docked or plugged in??

Or are there any other options available?? I have a 4G switch app but they are a PITA and I can't find one that does it in one simple step.
    I strongly second a 3G/LTE smart action. I'd like to turn off 4G when my battery drops below 20% capacity.
  6. Motorola Expert
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Razr
    Motorola Expert
    Premium Member
    Thanks for all these great suggestions! I have passed along these ideas to the Smart Actions team.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Add me to the list wanting a "not" or "default" action. I want to be able to define settings for when I am NOT currently in a situation that would cause a trigger to activate.

I came to Smart Actions after using Locale on my D1 for years. The way they let you prioritize actions was great. I'd like to add another vote for that ability as well.
  8. Motorola Expert
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Razr
    Motorola Expert
    Premium Member
    Ok I have captured "not", "default," and "prioritization." Got it!

Do you have a particular use case for the "Not" condition? Then I can go back to the team and explain to them.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    I have a RAZR which recently upgraded to ICS [4.0.4 and Screen Action ver. 3.1.5.1.2] I used SA extensively under 2.3.6, but now with 4.0.4 there is no "Keep Screen On" option under settings. At work my RAZR sits in a dock so I can see the clock and quickly hit mute if I'm listening to music or an audio book. Even with Developer Options / Stay Awake, the screen goes dark after 10 minutes, though the setting only works while on a charger. Imagine trying to navigate your car and having the screen go black.

Long story short; I'd like Smart Actions to override ICS and force Keep Screen On for some of my Smart Action profiles. I want to be able to set "Screen Timeout" to "Never", for certain actions.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirrom
    I have a RAZR which recently upgraded to ICS [4.0.4 and Screen Action ver. 3.1.5.1.2] I used SA extensively under 2.3.6, but now with 4.0.4 there is no "Keep Screen On" option under settings. At work my RAZR sits in a dock so I can see the clock and quickly hit mute if I'm listening to music or an audio book. Even with Developer Options / Stay Awake, the screen goes dark after 10 minutes, though the setting only works while on a charger. Imagine trying to navigate your car and having the screen go black.

Long story short; I'd like Smart Actions to override ICS and force Keep Screen On for some of my Smart Action profiles. I want to be able to set "Screen Timeout" to "Never", for certain actions.
    Ditto ditto ditto!!!!!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links