DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: [Theme] Droid X, Sense, Flat Black + Theme Tutorial

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Milestone (Telus)
    Quote Originally Posted by averma1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dmo580 View Post

When you removed the framework-res from your rom did you modify and push the exact same file back, or an exact copy of that file?

if you extracted the frameworks contents, modified them and re-zipped in a new zip file that will mess with some stuff and might cause the FC issue

the framework should be fairly easy to mod and straight forward (its just png's replacing other png's) so no codes or anything. The services.jar seem to be breaking most of the newer firmwares (after the initial 2.1 release) i'll look into it as i'll probably update my phone this week to latest firmware and see if things break
    I renamed it to .zip as your instructions say and I opened it with WinRAR. I pushed the new folder in and I made sure I did "ask before replacing" and Winrar asked if I wanted to replace stuff.

I tried with the STOCK Telus 2.1 Framework too as well as the one from the Fast & Light Telus which already is themed to Droid X. I'm guessing this backup is so heavily customized it doesn't play well.

That or I'm retarded and I'm doing it wrong.

I see the bar and all. It's when LauncherPro starts drawing the icons I get an endless FC loop. Yikes.
    are you pushing the entire folder or just the contents of the folder? you want to push just the contents (the individual png's, select all and drag theme across), otherwise winrar might ovewright the entire folder and leave a bunch of files missing

I'll look into it, havent had a chance to update my phone to newest firmware just yet
    I am definitely pushing the whole folder but I did check how WinRAR replaces files and it doesnt overwrite the entire directory and removes the old stuff. It appends the new stuff in (which involves overwrites). I counted the files before and after to check.

Does this have anything to do with the 3.11 Telus update or anything and the wrong services.jar being used? Shrug.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    hey dmo haven't read your full thread, but appears as though you're trying to slot the galaxys black theme on the fast & lite telus v3? This is exactly what I want to do, too....

I'd also like to swap in launcherpro plus 7.6.0 instead of just the basic...

any ideas? I tried following the guide and attempting to install the theme myself, but the download link for the theme is borked - also tried googling Galaxy_S_Theme(v1).zip to no avail.

any assistance appreciated, as always.

cheers,
    beflythis
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Milestone (Telus)

I renamed it to .zip as your instructions say and I opened it with WinRAR. I pushed the new folder in and I made sure I did "ask before replacing" and Winrar asked if I wanted to replace stuff.

I tried with the STOCK Telus 2.1 Framework too as well as the one from the Fast & Light Telus which already is themed to Droid X. I'm guessing this backup is so heavily customized it doesn't play well.

That or I'm retarded and I'm doing it wrong.

I see the bar and all. It's when LauncherPro starts drawing the icons I get an endless FC loop. Yikes.
    are you pushing the entire folder or just the contents of the folder? you want to push just the contents (the individual png's, select all and drag theme across), otherwise winrar might ovewright the entire folder and leave a bunch of files missing

I'll look into it, havent had a chance to update my phone to newest firmware just yet
    I am definitely pushing the whole folder but I did check how WinRAR replaces files and it doesnt overwrite the entire directory and removes the old stuff. It appends the new stuff in (which involves overwrites). I counted the files before and after to check.

Does this have anything to do with the 3.11 Telus update or anything and the wrong services.jar being used? Shrug.
    can you provide me with your default framework and services.jar and i'll see if i can theme it
    (Telus milestone 2.1)
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Milestone
    so averma1 i, my time and date text is white, but notification text is black and my service provide is black have you had any luck getting those white on 2.38?
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Milestone
    I modified my (french) 2.38.1 version and everything seems good.
    I'd need more time to tell if it's really perfect but if you want to test it out here's a mirror:
    2.1.38.1_sense_EU.rar

Please give me some feedback if you use it.

Cheers
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Milestone - Android 2.1update1
    I hope it is the correct tread.
    I am looking for the Black flat (or the other) notification bar with coresponding icons for Android 2.1 Update 1, Argentina - Provider Personal. Any chance ?

Attached my orginal framwork and service.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Thomas_AR; 09-25-2010 at 02:04 PM.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Milestone - Android 2.1update1
    Ok as nobody has it for my former ROM, i flashed Telus 3.11. Anybody a black notification bar for it? Android 2.1 Update1.
    Thanks.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Telus Milestone
    everything has gone smoothly..however, i found that when i pushed everything, when i pull down the notiication bar, INSTEAD of saying "Notification" it'll say "SOUND OFF" and when i plug my USB cable in, it'll change to "%-l%p" or something...i think it's the services.jar file? any ideas? i have the canadian telus milestone running 2.1 update1
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Telus Milestone
    below is what happened when i pushed the files (mind you, i took the PNG files from the OTHER post with that sense theme because this thread's sense theme didn't work properly..icons on the top were not blending right into the status bar..).. for some reason my "CLEAR" button is now "Sound On" and where it says "Notifications" now says "%-l%p".... i took my original file and only replaced what i was supposed to for the frameworks file and then i used the posted Canada services.jar file and replaced the status bar xml file with the right Canada one...........any idea why this is happening??

10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    im new to all this how do i put my framework on my comp ive been trying for an hour to figure it out
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Links