DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: giving up on milestone!!! x10 here i come.. :)

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    milestone

giving up on milestone!!! x10 here i come.. :)

milestone for sale.... B.O!!

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Milestone (Telus)
    Quote Originally Posted by xue View Post
    what region is it from, how much, and what carrier is it locked to.
    Also what frequencies does it run on? 850,1900,2100 etc.

1 last thing, you realize the X10 runs 1.6, is made entirely of plastic (the screen isn't glass, just harder plastic) and has a dimmer/less responsive screen, as well as no multitouch and no date on a 2.1 update (let alone 2.2) - plus ear piece is a lot quieter and call quality is a descent step below Motorola's.

plus time scape has its share of bugs and from everyone that i know that has an Xperia (4 people) no one uses or likes it - they say makes their phone too slow

- just things to consider, my advice, if your going to make a switch get an HTC Desire, Evo 4G, or Incredible, don't get nexus 1 - it has a severe multitouch issues (hardware related from what i've heard).

the HTC's have AMOLED screens, more ram, better manufacturer, better call quality/reception, Software is written better and is much newer (plus HTC has a massive forum of mods and custom roms over at XDA).

Also if your in Canada - Telus is slated to get the HTC Desire, Bell is slated to get the HTC Legend very soon. And apparently the Droid 2 and the Shadow are coming out from motorola with faster processors, better graphics, 8mp cameras, and HDMI output (rumoured specs).

just making sure your informed
    Last edited by averma1; 06-07-2010 at 12:41 PM.
    (Telus milestone 2.1)
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Milestone
    Quote Originally Posted by averma1 View Post
    - just things to consider, my advice, if your going to make a switch get an HTC Desire, Evo 4G, or Incredible, don't get nexus 1 - it has a severe multitouch issues (hardware related from what i've heard).

the HTC's have AMOLED screens, more ram, better manufacturer, better call quality/reception, Software is written better and is much newer (plus HTC has a massive forum of mods and custom roms over at XDA).
    Just one little thing about the 'better manufacturer'. I really have doubtrs about that when I look at each new phone from HTC that comes with some strange bugs like paint coming off Touch HD, hot pixels in Evo etc.

Just my 2c
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    my room mate has the X10, it's laggy, slow, and definitely not worth it, compared with the capabilities we have on the MotoDroid. He's always asking me about the stuff that I can do on my Droid... so sad.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone

Just one little thing about the 'better manufacturer'. I really have doubtrs about that when I look at each new phone from HTC that comes with some strange bugs like paint coming off Touch HD, hot pixels in Evo etc.

Just my 2c
    I had a Diamond, a Magic, my friend has a hero and none have had any issues, so from my experience they've been good.

but i guess it also depends on the phone, i know the nexus has Touch issues which is why i said to avoid it, your saying the Evo has hot pixels so its probably good to avoid that phone too or look into it, but that being said i personally think HTC still makes some of the best phones around. their usually the fastest (almost 600mb ram w/ a newer version of the snapdragon), they use some of the best materials (soft-touch, metal, and glass), better technology (eg. wireless N, AMOLED, Front facing camera, better antenna's, better speakers/call quality), and their software is usually a lot better than what anyone else can come up with (HTC IME keyboard, Sense UI, root).

Plus sony has a horrible HORRIBLE reputation for product support, on announcement of the X1 they said it will get official winmo 6.5, but they never brought it.

Now with the X10 their original statement was the X10 was not going to get 2.1 and their original statements said the X10 hardware couldn't handle mutli-touch. this was pre-launch and i'm guessing they quickly realized it wouldn't sell so they changed their statement to "some time in the future" it will get and update.
    and on their developer forum (where the company isn't liable) they said it will support multitouch (keep in mind this is the same form that announced the X10 had a 16 million color screen which AMOLED technology - when it has a traditional TFT and only 256k and only has 65k active under android 1.6 so take it with some salt)

Some HTC phones have issues, but overall I still give them a high rating, just do research before buying.

Sony has a history of flops (X1, X2, Viva, their entire regular cellphone lineup, their Entire smartphone lineup, PS3, All their TV's, BlueRay, Mini Disk, etc).

again - just be informed

ps. rate blueray as a flop - because the technology isn't actually needed- advances in broadband internet HD movies can be ordered from your TV providers set-top box, PC's connected to your TV, or Xbox360's. And any house probably already has 1 of those 3 things - no need for $100+ dedicated player and the premium attached to Blueray.

plus SD cards and USB thumb drives are already supplying upto 32gb+ storage in a faster more universal format (anyone with a USB can use a thumb drive, even your win 98 computer has them - no need for $100+ dollar dedicated blueray drives). plus their more durable, have faster read/write speeds, and have less errors and don't age/damage like Optical disks.

and as a bigger slap to the face, most new TV's have a USB input so you can just plug your 32gb+ thumb drive with your 4+ 1080p movies into the side and there you go.
    Last edited by averma1; 06-07-2010 at 02:36 PM.
    (Telus milestone 2.1)
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    lol ps. Sorry for the thread jack, so how much you want and what carrier was it on?
    (Telus milestone 2.1)
    Member #
    Phone
    Telus Motorola Milestone
    Ive compared my milestone to my freinds X10 and it was a landslide for the milestone. The speaker on the x10 and remember i said speaker not speakers. It has 1 speaker on the left side..... The Os is 1.6 and no date on 2.1 let alone 2.2. The Snapdragon is underclocked and my 550mhz beats it. And overclocked it was even better. X10 is still not rooted. The build quality is shameful. Sony should be ashamed to release a product like this. Im sorry to say it but Motorola wins this time.

Now.... If they unlock the Bootloader then i will strip live on camera for everyone because that is how happy i would be

/sarcasm

But seriously the X10 is still a major downgrade from the Milestone.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    TelusMilestone-Fido 2.1update1
    Hey his loss Buh Bye
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    X10 is cute, suit for girls.
  11. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member

Take the sale to ebay or craigslist......Not here Please.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Links