DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: OTA to 2.01, still rootable?

  1. Junior Droid
    c19932's Avatar
    Member #
    37689
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Milestone
    #1

    OTA to 2.01, still rootable?

    hey guys, I still haven't updated my phone. I was wondering if i update to 2.0.1 through OTA update, would I still be able to root my phone? If so, can someone guide me to the post or file?

    thanks
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid
    Siel's Avatar
    Member #
    13259
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    64
    Phone
    Droid
    #2
    yep i think most people are rooted through 2.0.1. To root go to rootyourdroid.info and click the "obtaining root" guide it is very simple to use.

    Go Big Red!!

  4. Droid
    DAGr8's Avatar
    Member #
    24923
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    90
    Phone
    Samsung Captivate
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by c19932 View Post
    hey guys, I still haven't updated my phone. I was wondering if i update to 2.0.1 through OTA update, would I still be able to root my phone? If so, can someone guide me to the post or file?

    thanks
    answer is yes unless you are in france the update there is the onlyone ( I think ) witch is unrootable, either way if you get stucked with noroot there is always a workaround to obtain root agian by downgrading f/w via rsd lite .
    Been a Moto Fan Since the First Vader ....

    Yup I taught I was real cool Back in '98 with the James Bond Phone and the Mi2 sunglasses .... In '08 I got my first Symbian Phone R.I.P , LONG LIVE ANDROID !!!
  5. Master Droid
    tehpriest's Avatar
    Member #
    40629
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wales. UK
    Posts
    367
    Phone
    Milestone 2.0.1
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Siel View Post
    yep i think most people are rooted through 2.0.1. To root go to rootyourdroid.info and click the "obtaining root" guide it is very simple to use.
    Does that work on Milestone? The author of the site says no

    Hi to all…
    … I did what the guide say… and did not work…
    err msj:
    E:file to verify whole-file signature
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.
    … I have a Motorola Milestone…
    with android 2.0…
    … bought in Argentina
    someone can help me?
    any way 1K thanks.

    Big Lou
    February 15th, 2010 on 2:31 pm This will not work because it’s only for the Droid.
  6. Junior Droid
    c19932's Avatar
    Member #
    37689
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Milestone
    #5
    by "in France", do you mean the version of my phone or my location? I am in the US and I purchased my phone from ebay so I dont know which version it is.

    by the way dagr8 did you use to have a rokr? I remember you from a rokr website

    Quote Originally Posted by DAGr8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by c19932 View Post
    hey guys, I still haven't updated my phone. I was wondering if i update to 2.0.1 through OTA update, would I still be able to root my phone? If so, can someone guide me to the post or file?

    thanks
    answer is yes unless you are in france the update there is the onlyone ( I think ) witch is unrootable, either way if you get stucked with noroot there is always a workaround to obtain root agian by downgrading f/w via rsd lite .
  7. Droid
    DAGr8's Avatar
    Member #
    24923
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    90
    Phone
    Samsung Captivate
    #6
    I mean the version , it would be an azerty keyboard so you d know

    about rooting the device it s the ssme process it always been regardless if its 2.0 or 2.01 ...

    All you have to do is download a zip file called update.zip and run it , that zip file is the one specific to the milestone .. therei s a huge topc on alldroid.org on how to do this it is VERY easy ..

    To answer your question I am DAGr8 from motorolafans, i suppose this is where you saw me with a ROKRE6 a while back
    Been a Moto Fan Since the First Vader ....

    Yup I taught I was real cool Back in '98 with the James Bond Phone and the Mi2 sunglasses .... In '08 I got my first Symbian Phone R.I.P , LONG LIVE ANDROID !!!

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

is eris 2.1 ota rootable

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+