Root + 2.01 vs. OTA update 2.01 - PLEASE ADVISE!
OK, so I'm still not entirely clear about the ramifications of rooting the Milestone (I know I want to root it cos I want to overclock - overclock discussion here ), so now I'm unclear concerning the different ways to get to 2.01 (which I want too, obviously).
These seem to be my options:
A. Root my 2.0 now, apply the 2.01 patch, then overclock
B. Get the OTA update and upgrade to 2.01 the official way, root it, then overclock
So my questions:
1. What's the difference (if any) between the 2.01 that I would get from method A (via root + hack) and method B (official)? If B version is better, is there/will there be a patch for method A people?
2. For Method B (official 2.01 upgrade), can I still follow the same rooting instructions that came out for 2.0, or do I have to wait for a new rooting process specially designed for 2.01 users? (I am guessing that if you apply the current/old root instructions then you end back up with 2.0, right?)
3. What are the other pros and cons? In particular, in relation to:
- Ease of doing it for a rooting newbie like myself;
- my wanting to overclock
- my wanting to upgrade to 2.1 etc when available