DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diamond Wireless ???

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Diamond Wireless ???

I bought my droid from a diamond wireless kiosk in the mall cause it was cheaper then at the VZW store. From what I have been hearing Best Buy will price match and that their customer service is awesome. Do you think it would be worth it to return my Droid before the 30 days to Diamond and get it through Best Buy? Anyone have any experience with Diamond?

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    How much are you saving?

From what I read, returning a phone to one of those stands in the mall can be a lot more hassle than its worth and you sometimes even get hit with fees which would make this seem silly.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Thats why I was thinking of going with best buy. I would only be saving $20 which is not the main reason. Considering the Droid is the first of its kind im sure the chances of having issues that need returning are pretty high so it would be a lot less stressful knowing I have some good customer service backing the phone. Plus their insurance requires a $75 deductable
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    anyone else with experience from Diamond Wireless?
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Never heard of them. I personally dont trust any third party retailers though. Ive hear too many horror stories about warranty issues and people given the runaround only to have to intimately get serviced at a VZW store.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Most of the time for Best Buy to price match they also need a flyer or something to make sure your not full of crap too.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GTB323 View Post
    Thats why I was thinking of going with best buy. I would only be saving $20 which is not the main reason. Considering the Droid is the first of its kind im sure the chances of having issues that need returning are pretty high so it would be a lot less stressful knowing I have some good customer service backing the phone. Plus their insurance requires a $75 deductable
    But having issues with a phone is covered by the 1 year manufacture warranty, Which Motorola stands behind...

You jacking the phone, dropping it, water damage is covered by insurance.....
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Member #
    Phone
    MOTO DROID
    mine came from best buy and when i was having problems with the phone constantly resetting i took it in and they exchanged it no questions asked on the spot for a new one.id say they have great customer service.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Yeah I will probably get it through best buy. dell has it advertised on their website for $119
  11. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

3rd Party Dealer Locations

Something that you need to realize is that Diamond wireless is a 3rd party Verizon Wireless Dealer. They basically just sell phones for Verizon. They pay full price for the phones and sell them at a discount because they make the commission from Verizon. Best Buy is the exact same thing. They do not warranty the handsets, Verizon does. Each of these locations are required to exchange/return the handset for a minimum of 30 days, after that everything else (Insurance Claims, Warranty Replacements, etc.) needs to be done through a Verizon Corporate Location. Best Buy and locations such as Diamond Wireless will not warranty or complete insurance claims for you, regardless of where you buy your phone. So it doesn't really where you buy your phone you are still going to have to pay a deductible ($75) for an insurance replacement (if the need be) just like you would with car insurance.

It is not worth the hassle to take it from one 3rd part dealer to another, because each of these locations have the same rules that apply when they sell these phones for Verizon.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links