DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th droid now are they the rubbish that i'm thinking they are?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (1)

5th droid now are they the rubbish that i'm thinking they are?

I am really frustrated so please if I sound rude it is for that reason only.

I just took my 4th Droid in to Verizon because the touch screen quit working after a phone call or if I lock it. Have to shut the phone off and restart to get the screen working again and not take any calls or let it time out. Frustrating.
    Is there a fix for this?

After going through the hard reset motions with a sales person, she informed me that they will replace it with a refurbished phone. Which started the irritated ball rolling with me. I replied this will be my 4th refurb and 5th droid, why would I want another unrefurbished pos? To which she replied, that is all I can do for you. I said no it isn't all you can do for me, I want you to make it right. She offered to let me pay full retail for a new phone as a consolation. She informed me that it is motorola's problem not theirs and that they do them a "favor" by swapping them out, and that is the extent of their responsibility. I asked her to explain why Verizon doesn't stand behind the products that they sell, she had no answer.

At this point I demanded a manager and asked him what he would do to make things right for a long time and in my opinion patient (to this point) customer, he offered me $50 towards the purchase of a new phone (full retail) and basically scripted the same story as the saleswoman. To top it off they no longer carry the refurbs and they will have one shipped leaving me with out a working phone for 3-4 business days.

Now my questions: Are Motorola Droids complete and utter garbage?
    Are others having to swap or warranty them every 4 months or so like I am?
    Are people having similar experiences with Verizon not standing behind their products?
    Are the refurbs any more worthwhile than paperweights?

Like I said this will be my 5th one in less than 1 year, all went out for different reasons mostly unrelated. I am starting to have a very bad taste in my mouth with Verizon and Motorola products.

Thanks for letting me vent.
  2. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    I can completely understand your frustration, I'd be pissed too! At the discretion of a manager, they can let you upgrade (2yr contract price) on another device (new) though. I'd call customer service since that store obviously has no empathy to your situation (don't forget to mention your experience to the CS rep too)! I'm sorry you're not having any luck!
    To answer your question about the replacements: no, they're not all crap. What happens is that someone returns one (millions would be more accurate) and the rep that took it in and selected the incorrect reason it was returned. Say in your situation...if someone replaced it and just clicked the first reasons they see, it gets sent to a repair center that ONLY checks for that problem. If they can't duplicate the issue, it goes into a bin called "NTF (No Trouble Found)" and shipped back out as a replacement to someone else. Ultimately, its a rep's fault for being lazy! SMH!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxmarand View Post
    I am really frustrated so please if I sound rude it is for that reason only.

I just took my 4th Droid in to Verizon because the touch screen quit working after a phone call or if I lock it. Have to shut the phone off and restart to get the screen working again and not take any calls or let it time out. Frustrating.
    Is there a fix for this?

After going through the hard reset motions with a sales person, she informed me that they will replace it with a refurbished phone. Which started the irritated ball rolling with me. I replied this will be my 4th refurb and 5th droid, why would I want another unrefurbished pos? To which she replied, that is all I can do for you. I said no it isn't all you can do for me, I want you to make it right. She offered to let me pay full retail for a new phone as a consolation. She informed me that it is motorola's problem not theirs and that they do them a "favor" by swapping them out, and that is the extent of their responsibility. I asked her to explain why Verizon doesn't stand behind the products that they sell, she had no answer.

At this point I demanded a manager and asked him what he would do to make things right for a long time and in my opinion patient (to this point) customer, he offered me $50 towards the purchase of a new phone (full retail) and basically scripted the same story as the saleswoman. To top it off they no longer carry the refurbs and they will have one shipped leaving me with out a working phone for 3-4 business days.

Now my questions: Are Motorola Droids complete and utter garbage?
    Are others having to swap or warranty them every 4 months or so like I am?
    Are people having similar experiences with Verizon not standing behind their products?
    Are the refurbs any more worthwhile than paperweights?

Like I said this will be my 5th one in less than 1 year, all went out for different reasons mostly unrelated. I am starting to have a very bad taste in my mouth with Verizon and Motorola products.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Make them stand behind the product. Politely explain to them that you have worries about another droid and insist that they replace with a droid 2 or droid X as the droid is not meeting your expectations and the quality is not meeting your expectations of what you paid for. Explain also to them that you as a customer have the right to reasonibly expect the product they sold to you would work as they advertized it to. This is actually a law. Tell them they can make this right by you or they can refund your entire purchase price for the phone and you will cancel the service due to their inability to provide you with a product that works as advertized.

"The Worry Free Guarantee is our customer commitment that solidifies how Verizon Wireless does business nationwide. The Worry Free Guarantee is multifaceted, but the core of the message is that customers who choose Verizon Wireless are getting a commitment that we will stand behind the products and equipment we sell."
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I purchased two Moto D1's on November 6, 2009 (day of release). My wife and I have both been using them for over a year now and have had zero issues with the phone hardware. (My phone came with a faulty SD card, but that's hardly the fault of the phone manufacturer).

I don't know you and don't want to pass judgment, but I must say based on a quick review of the facts (four phones?) I think you may want to change something about how you care for your electronics.

The truth is, I baby my stuff... But my wife does anything but. She's dropped her phone several times and will be replacing her protective cover (hint, hint) for the third time this week. But the phone - scratched and dinged as it may be - has not faulted in any way.

I stand by the manufacturing of the Motorola A855 device and think it's a well produced device.

Best of luck to you.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I have the same problem here, the Touch screen stops responding, and i have to switch it on and off 2 or 3 times, and again it starts working, hope someone has a solution for this.......
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    D1, X, Tbolt, DC, DB, GNex, S4
    Premium Member
    I have had my droid for over a year as well, with no issues. From what I have read on the forum it seems that once you get a refurb you will continue to have problems and get at least one more. Now that Droid Does has stated what happens behind the sceens when a phone is returned I see where allthe problems come from. I would definitely talk to customer.services and explain your problem and worries.about getting a refurb.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    New to android or just need to brush up on the basics? Abe has every thing you need Here:
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net

Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I had to have my droid replaced when the proximity sensor stopped working and the refurb they sent me was in perfect condition. If I didn't know better I would have thought it was brand new. I guess it's just luck of the draw.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    What I have found with my Droid freezing, that is wasn't the phone, but a third party program that was screwing up my phone. I got rid of the program, and I din't have anymore problems. As far as the number of returns on any Verizon phone, I thought after three times with the same complaint, that you are entitled to a new phone. I can tell you this from experience, that no verizon store is the same. I had one who refused to do anything about my phone that wasn't working, and went to another one where they replaced it with a new one. Go figure.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    i am going too on my 4th droid, i have reset the droid, updated the droid and have had nothing but problems till this droid, it seems stable for now. i have bad luck with cameras not working, email not coming in and not being able to make or place phone calls. I dont deal with the store itself but i deal directly with 611 and they take care of the issue(s). Most importantly is to make sure you document all your troubles!
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paq237 View Post
    I purchased two Moto D1's on November 6, 2009 (day of release). My wife and I have both been using them for over a year now and have had zero issues with the phone hardware. (My phone came with a faulty SD card, but that's hardly the fault of the phone manufacturer).

I don't know you and don't want to pass judgment, but I must say based on a quick review of the facts (four phones?) I think you may want to change something about how you care for your electronics.

The truth is, I baby my stuff... But my wife does anything but. She's dropped her phone several times and will be replacing her protective cover (hint, hint) for the third time this week. But the phone - scratched and dinged as it may be - has not faulted in any way.

I stand by the manufacturing of the Motorola A855 device and think it's a well produced device.

Best of luck to you.
    I am on my 4th droid and this one has no issues, but don't assume he isn't taking care of his droid(s). There are many threads filled with problems just like he is having, which sheds light on their(Motorola) quality assurance team. I to have had one of the issues he has mentioned, and yes it is frustrating. but don't assume he doesn't take care of his devices.

IMO this will be the last motorola product I buy.

Roms: MIUI for Droid-1

Like what I do? Feel free to
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Links