DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 5th droid now are they the rubbish that i'm thinking they are?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Verizon galaxy nexus
    I bought my droid in July, have dropped it like 7 times, got it a little wet once (it went crazy for 2 hours), but it still works fine. Go figure.
    Sent from my Galaxy nexus
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    another underlying issue here is software....as long as Verizon continues to layer their updates with their own crap (the droid does have less than most) there are going to be glitches. Also, the process of OTA updates with the size that droids are is minorly ridiculous. Depending on which server you're getting it from, the likelihood of some code going wrong in an 80 mB file is quite high..and its just a matter of time before the evolved bug shows itself in your phone (touch screen, wake/sleep, battery...)
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola A855
    Quote Originally Posted by tbross319 View Post
    another underlying issue here is software....as long as Verizon continues to layer their updates with their own crap (the droid does have less than most) there are going to be glitches. Also, the process of OTA updates with the size that droids are is minorly ridiculous. Depending on which server you're getting it from, the likelihood of some code going wrong in an 80 mB file is quite high..and its just a matter of time before the evolved bug shows itself in your phone (touch screen, wake/sleep, battery...)
    Not to defend the creeps from Verizon, but they only ruined the fascinate and continuum with their Bing garbage. All the other devices were ruined by Motorola with their MotoBlur skin. I don't know how much you like HTC Sense, but basically, the motodroid1 is the only phone that actually had/has vanilla android.

As for the OTA updates, I've not heard of other providers who don't use them. I mean, the big difference is that they give the opportunity to update using the internet and downloading the update then applying it to your phone, but most regular users would probably wait for the OTA. As it relates to Big Red, if you just hang out at this forum, you could do the same thing, right? As long as someone actually locates the entire FRG83D and posts it.

I've heard that a huge number of users received a buggy version of FRG22D, according to the lying cheat of a verizon rep who offered me a 50% upgrade then conveniently forgot about it when I took the offer. Given those numbers, the actual FRG22D could have been corrupt at the source, in one of the servers, to have affected so many people. Then again, what do I know.
    Leaving Big Red November 7, 2011 and counting down the days.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DX2
    WOW! I have never heard so many complaints! I am glad that my experience is much different!
    I switched from Alltel to VZW in March of this year. I had been running Alltel phones on VZW carrier for quite a while and our Moto Q9C's were not playing well with VZW's service. So, we went to the VZW store with our 5 phones and switched EVERYTHING. Now, please keep in mind.... we had VZW service many years ago. It was marginal in my area and they let me out of my contract with no fees because they couldn't fix the issue. I was EXTREMELY hesitant about going back to VZW. They even let me use a phone for a week to make sure it worked before I transferred the service. I was not under contract with ANYONE. I also tried an AT&T Iphone..... the phone was OK, but the service was TERRIBLE!
    I got a Moto Droid, My wife and my son got the HTC Eris, my daughter and daughter in law got LG Chocolate touch's.
    Everything went smoothly... other than the rep botching the details a bit.... easily fixed with a call to customer service.
    Fast forward 1 month.... My son's Eris went nuts! I went to the store, they looked at the phone and did a factory reset. The phone was good for about 2 days and went nuts again. I called 611 and got tech support. They sent out a CLNR. This phone was terrible, I called them again and they sent another. This one seemed pretty good.... he ran the phone for a week and it went nuts again. Customer service eventually ended up sending 5 total CLNR phones. After the 5th phone in 2 months time, I called back and talked to tech support again. They were very sorry that this was happening. I told them that I understood their policy about replacements, but the Eris was just a bad phone. They offered a Droid2 immediately. I got it in 2 days and haven't had an issue since.
    My wife still had the Eris. Hers was flawless until about 3 months into it. It had random glitches, but they were mostly user created. At the 3 month mark, it began to shut down by itself. I called tech support and they IMMEDIATELY sent me a HTC incredible. Again, no more issues.
    My Moto Droid was still flawless. I subject this phone to a construction environment. Dust, shock, impact, ect. It has been one tough piece of hardware! My earpiece went out. I called VZW and they sent me out a CLNR. It has been completely flawless! It actually works better than my original Droid!
    Now, I don't root, I do run a ton of apps, as does my son. Both my sons D2 and my wifes Dinc were CLNR products. ALL were in NEW condition. They received NEW backs and NEW batteries and chargers.
    Call me lucky, but I have no issues with CLNR phones and if I did, they would send me anther. As long as the phone works, I don't care if it's refurbished or not. I have purchased refurbished Ipods, GPS units, Cameras, ect. I have NEVER had an issue with a refurbished unit. If it does fail, it has a warranty. CALL and speak with someone about your issue. Don't act like an idiot when you talk to them.... They didn't refurbish the device nor did they make the rules. They just work for that company and they have to follow the companies rules or they lose their job! CS has more options than the stores do. Above all..... BE NICE! You would be amazed at what can be accomplished if you speak to someone like they have 1/2 a brain. If you act like an idiot, they will usually shut you out. If you can't get anywhere with the CS you spoke with, CALL BACK... 99% of the time, you will get a different representative and they will give you a different answer. EVENTUALLY you will get what you want. If you are trying to CHEAT the system, you are most likely gonna get burnt though. JMHO.... it hasn't NOT worked for me yet.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorolla Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by paq237 View Post
    I purchased two Moto D1's on November 6, 2009 (day of release). My wife and I have both been using them for over a year now and have had zero issues with the phone hardware. (My phone came with a faulty SD card, but that's hardly the fault of the phone manufacturer).

I don't know you and don't want to pass judgment, but I must say based on a quick review of the facts (four phones?) I think you may want to change something about how you care for your electronics.

The truth is, I baby my stuff... But my wife does anything but. She's dropped her phone several times and will be replacing her protective cover (hint, hint) for the third time this week. But the phone - scratched and dinged as it may be - has not faulted in any way.

I stand by the manufacturing of the Motorola A855 device and think it's a well produced device.

Best of luck to you.
    Got mine the same time, lasted 2 months and died, got the second one lasted a month and died, third one is a charm. I am the most anal about taking care of my electronics. Sorry, some of the phones Verizon puts out are crap! My wife got a CLNR phone it works but some things are flaky.

You got lucky, take it!! LOL
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola A855
    Quote Originally Posted by b_salgado View Post
    WOW! I have never heard so many complaints! I am glad that my experience is much different!
    I switched from Alltel to VZW in March of this year. I had been running Alltel phones on VZW carrier for quite a while and our Moto Q9C's were not playing well with VZW's service. So, we went to the VZW store with our 5 phones and switched EVERYTHING. Now, please keep in mind.... we had VZW service many years ago. It was marginal in my area and they let me out of my contract with no fees because they couldn't fix the issue. I was EXTREMELY hesitant about going back to VZW. They even let me use a phone for a week to make sure it worked before I transferred the service. I was not under contract with ANYONE. I also tried an AT&T Iphone..... the phone was OK, but the service was TERRIBLE!
    I got a Moto Droid, My wife and my son got the HTC Eris, my daughter and daughter in law got LG Chocolate touch's.
    Everything went smoothly... other than the rep botching the details a bit.... easily fixed with a call to customer service.
    Fast forward 1 month.... My son's Eris went nuts! I went to the store, they looked at the phone and did a factory reset. The phone was good for about 2 days and went nuts again. I called 611 and got tech support. They sent out a CLNR. This phone was terrible, I called them again and they sent another. This one seemed pretty good.... he ran the phone for a week and it went nuts again. Customer service eventually ended up sending 5 total CLNR phones. After the 5th phone in 2 months time, I called back and talked to tech support again. They were very sorry that this was happening. I told them that I understood their policy about replacements, but the Eris was just a bad phone. They offered a Droid2 immediately. I got it in 2 days and haven't had an issue since.
    My wife still had the Eris. Hers was flawless until about 3 months into it. It had random glitches, but they were mostly user created. At the 3 month mark, it began to shut down by itself. I called tech support and they IMMEDIATELY sent me a HTC incredible. Again, no more issues.
    My Moto Droid was still flawless. I subject this phone to a construction environment. Dust, shock, impact, ect. It has been one tough piece of hardware! My earpiece went out. I called VZW and they sent me out a CLNR. It has been completely flawless! It actually works better than my original Droid!
    Now, I don't root, I do run a ton of apps, as does my son. Both my sons D2 and my wifes Dinc were CLNR products. ALL were in NEW condition. They received NEW backs and NEW batteries and chargers.
    Call me lucky, but I have no issues with CLNR phones and if I did, they would send me anther. As long as the phone works, I don't care if it's refurbished or not. I have purchased refurbished Ipods, GPS units, Cameras, ect. I have NEVER had an issue with a refurbished unit. If it does fail, it has a warranty. CALL and speak with someone about your issue. Don't act like an idiot when you talk to them.... They didn't refurbish the device nor did they make the rules. They just work for that company and they have to follow the companies rules or they lose their job! CS has more options than the stores do. Above all..... BE NICE! You would be amazed at what can be accomplished if you speak to someone like they have 1/2 a brain. If you act like an idiot, they will usually shut you out. If you can't get anywhere with the CS you spoke with, CALL BACK... 99% of the time, you will get a different representative and they will give you a different answer. EVENTUALLY you will get what you want. If you are trying to CHEAT the system, you are most likely gonna get burnt though. JMHO.... it hasn't NOT worked for me yet.
    I'm glad your relationship with Verizon is so solid. Please don't assume that I was anything but professional in my dealings with them. I have 1/2 a brain and speak to people like they have a full brain. I am not cheating the system, I was willing to pay but when people use bait-and-switch tactics, I just bow out from their game and go somewhere else. You sure do make a lot of generalizations, you might want to consider not doing that anymore.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Western KY and W. Los Angeles 3 miles from the beach @ Santa Monica
    Phone
    verizon droid 2.2
    I am on my 3rd droid and had a 4th sent, which I am returning becuz it is defective (I didn't even activate it) the screen roated 1/8 in & did not stay inplace until slider locked open. The other 2, my 1st & new one's screen went crazy, same with 2nd, this one is my 3rd & 2nd refurb, and thanks to "Droid DOES" I am keeping this one. I too had asked how many reburbs I had to suffer before I was given a "new" one or another "new model" and was told never. That being said, I will return the defective refurb replacement, keep this one, & if I have any more probs I will metophorically screem until I get what I paid for, a new phone.

I DO LOVE MY DROID 1

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DX2
    I'm glad your relationship with Verizon is so solid. Please don't assume that I was anything but professional in my dealings with them. I have 1/2 a brain and speak to people like they have a full brain. I am not cheating the system, I was willing to pay but when people use bait-and-switch tactics, I just bow out from their game and go somewhere else. You sure do make a lot of generalizations, you might want to consider not doing that anymore.
    I could really care less about ANY company. So it being "solid" are your words not mine. I have found that if I don't get the services that I am paying for, there is ALWAYS a solution that will work out. I have used this policy on VZW and it DOES work. There's nothing magical about it. You just need to talk to the right person.
    I have also found that MOST people think that EVERYONE owes them something for nothing. Now, with that being said... I see it daily. It drives me nuts when I see some of the things that people demand and want when they are usually the ones that caused the issue. As far as cheating the system.... There are more people that try to do it than not. Once again, I see this daily.
    Bait and switch... not sure what you mean by this. IF it's in writing, then they cant SWITCH anything! If they switch anything without your authorization, you can take legal recourse. Before you go getting your panties in a bunch, make sure there is NO VERBIAGE that will cover their butts. If there is, you probably signed a form when you accepted the contract with the same verbiage. Once again, people don't read and pay attention to paperwork before they sign.
    I will agree that they do have a "game" going, and it's making money. If you know how to use their features to your benefit, you come out pretty good in the end. I use almost twice as many minutes that are on my plan and I never get an additional charge on my bill. I thinks that's a pretty good plan. I am not cheating the system.... I am simply using it to it's FULL potential.
    I see people daily that go into a store or retailer of sorts that DEMAND this or DEMAND that. I go in, knowing policies already. I ASK to speak to the manager. I can usually get any issues corrected pretty quickly. This goes for ANY store. If I can't get anywhere with their $15/hr manager, I'll talk to the regional manager. NEVER talk to an associate. Same goes for on the phone. If you have tried the whole phone loop deal and you are still not satisfied, call back! Ask to speak directly to a manager and your issues will be resolved 99% of the time.
    Not saying that YOU have 1/2 a brain at all, but from what I have seen and dealt with, MOST of the people on the planet are wired this way. It's not that they're stupid.... they just didn't do their homework and know what they were doing before they did it. This makes them angry and they don't know how to deal with it.
    Now, as you go about your day to day business, see if what I just said isn't true. If you have spent any time in a retail environment you will see exactly what I am talking about. This is why I made this comment. YES it was a generalization.... because there are more people that do things EXACTLY the way I stated in my original post, than there are people that do it the way I described above. I cannot single out the ones that MIGHT do things properly..... there are simply just not enough of them! Therefore the GENERALIZATION holds!
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    Guess Im the luckiest person in the world, in about 9 years and about 20 different cell phones.......I've had 1 small issue with 1 phone, ever. I know there are lemons that get sent out, but it boggles me to understand how a single person can get sooooo many of them like some people here.
    HTC THUNDERBOLT Rooted / Perfect Storm 1.2 ROM / Overclocked @ 1.80GHZ

Evolution : Droid 1 - Incredible - Droid X - Thunderbolt
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola A855
    Quote Originally Posted by ypsichick View Post
    I am on my 3rd droid and had a 4th sent, which I am returning becuz it is defective (I didn't even activate it) the screen roated 1/8 in & did not stay inplace until slider locked open. The other 2, my 1st & new one's screen went crazy, same with 2nd, this one is my 3rd & 2nd refurb, and thanks to "Droid DOES" I am keeping this one. I too had asked how many reburbs I had to suffer before I was given a "new" one or another "new model" and was told never. That being said, I will return the defective refurb replacement, keep this one, & if I have any more probs I will metophorically screem until I get what I paid for, a new phone.

I DO LOVE MY DROID 1

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    It is pretty sweet. Remember that each of your CLND have a 3 month warranty unless you are still covered by your original warranty. If you have a replacement issue, be sure to cover it in that time. I'm sure you already knew that, but just wanted to repeat that, just in case.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Links